Old washing machines etc

Just wondered if a thread for people chucking out their old appliances and getting collected promptly was on here. I left my old tumble dryer on my drive for 6 days before it "disappeared".

Post up where and when and a kindly chap with a granny van appears and removes it.

Used to see flatbed trucks up and down our road most days looking for 'scrap', and the 2 or 3 white goods I've left at the side of the house have disappeared very quickly (one even had the audacity to knock on my door to ask if he could take it) :hihi:

Not seen much of them in the last year or so, might be something to do with the tightening up of the scrap metal selling rules?

I think you are all missing a trick to be honest; I put all my white goods on eBay when they fail, advertised as needing repair.

Our condenser dryer finally died last month, I could have wrangled it into the back of the car (just) and taken it to the tip, or left it out the front of the house annoying the neighbours.. I actually sold it for 39 quid and the guy collected it in a van. He owned a second hand washing machine shop.

Used to see flatbed trucks up and down our road most days looking for 'scrap', and the 2 or 3 white goods I've left at the side of the house have disappeared very quickly (one even had the audacity to knock on my door to ask if he could take it) :hihi:

Not seen much of them in the last year or so, might be something to do with the tightening up of the scrap metal selling rules?

It more the price of scrap is so low it can cost more driving round finding/collecting it then what scrap men get for it

It more the price of scrap is so low it can cost more driving round finding/collecting it then what scrap men get for it

Yep the metal price has plummeted so it's just not worth the hassle anymore, a few years ago a good van load of metal was bringing in a few hundred quid.

Now it's probably 50 quid or so for a van load, for example most yards are paying in the £30-£40 range for a full car as scrap.