Working for a benefit funded lifestyle.

You think that your anecdotal observations are data, how cute.

Perhaps you can explain how you can see the financial status of people though. You can explain how you know what they spend their money on and how much they receive and from where, simply by looking at them in the street?

Well, seeing as they're on various benefits( which they are and I actually know this Cyclone), their income is given to them by the state, it's what they rely on to live. Where else could it come from?

With regard to the various rebates and exemptions, they pay only a proportion of their rent and council tax, they don't pay for prescriptions or dental treatment, they receive an annual winter allowance( not sure whether low income working families get this), I don't think they receive any additional payments to help them run their car which isn't a mobility car as they don't qualify but not in bad nick considering its 11 yrs old, only a year older than mine but newer than some whose low income prevents them from buying anything newer.

When this happens it should also be classed as benefit fraud.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-35813208

All that happens is they get a telling off, asked to pay the money back and despite all that get to keep their high paid job. Its about time our MP's were treated the same as ordinary people and face charges.

On the money.

Angel1.

Well, seeing as they're on various benefits( which they are and I actually know this Cyclone), their income is given to them by the state, it's what they rely on to live. Where else could it come from?

With regard to the various rebates and exemptions, they pay only a proportion of their rent and council tax, they don't pay for prescriptions or dental treatment, they receive an annual winter allowance( not sure whether low income working families get this), I don't think they receive any additional payments to help them run their car which isn't a mobility car as they don't qualify but not in bad nick considering its 11 yrs old, only a year older than mine but newer than some whose low income prevents them from buying anything newer.

How do you know what they are and are not claiming and/or earning? That's what I asked already.

Winter allowance - you're thinking about pensioners.

The pay gap between the lowest paid workers and countless benefit claimants is quite narrow, leaving many benefit claimants no worse off than someone who works a forty hour week so where's the sense in working to maintain a level of lifestyle that the family down the steet are given on a silver platter?

But why is their lifestyles so similar? Are low paid workers paid too little? Sounds a silly question I know but some might feel that you earn what you're worth, they might also share the views of others who feel that state benefits are too generous, too easy to abuse which is the primary reason too many benefit claimants choose this lifestyle as it's the better option, the sensible option considering the alternative offers little more? And assuming this is the case, can anyone blame them?

I have been on both sides of the fence so to speak, and as a married man with no kids I can assure any one that benefits don't even come close to having a regular wage, even as a lowly truck driver.

Angel1.

How do you know what they are and are not claiming and/or earning? That's what I asked already.

I know these people. I'm telling you what they openly tell me.

Earnings? They don't work! They contribute nothing to their income, they just receive benefits. Whether their out of work benefit claiming kids earn money they don't declare and bung them a few quid I don't know.

---------- Post added 18-03-2016 at 17:49 ----------

I have been on both sides of the fence so to speak, and as a married man with no kids I can assure any one that benefits don't even come close to having a regular wage, even as a lowly truck driver.

Angel1.

I'm not comparing a full time job wage with JSA. I'm talking about disposable income that's left once everything is paid.

Edited by danot

Let's be serious people on benefits have serious decisions to make, is it going to be food, pay the bills or get that new massive tattoo. :-)

Or the lottery entries, scratch cards, cigarettes and alcohol, and that's without watching Channel 5.

Let's be serious people on benefits have serious decisions to make, is it going to be food, pay the bills or get that new massive tattoo. :-)

Its money they are entitle to! they are no stealing or tax evading. Mind your own business how they spent the money they are entitle to