When Will Bus Station be Demolished

Looks like the Bus changes in Sheffield have just been made to keep buses away from the Main Bus Station,is this because they know they are going to demolish it and put either some more Student Appartments or something else there,Why?wouldn"t the Council admit this is why the bus changes were made,as i was there last night and instead of seeing people waiting for buses it was very empty indeed

Looks like the Bus changes in Sheffield have just been made to keep buses away from the Main Bus Station,is this because they know they are going to demolish it and put either some more Student Appartments or something else there,Why?wouldn"t the Council admit this is why the bus changes were made,as i was there last night and instead of seeing people waiting for buses it was very empty indeed

What time were you there?

I think the changes have actually been made to save money, as always.

Edited by Wazzock
change

The bus changes were made by SYPTE, and not Sheffield City Council. SYPTE also own the bus station.

There were additional platforms where the offices are at the bottom of the bus station think they were platforms F-J. It's land that was the bus park/ Sheffield United Tours office and the works which was the housing department.

They might as well demolish it as its in the wrong place.

Most people getting a bus want to be much further up in town.

They would be better just having a couple of rows stops for people who want to use the Station and out of town services.

They might as well demolish it as its in the wrong place.

Most people getting a bus want to be much further up in town.

They would be better just having a couple of rows stops for people who want to use the Station and out of town services.

I agree, its too far out of the main shopping areas.

Sheffield interchange is actually an embarrassment for the city with few facilities, toilets which aren't clean enough sometimes and you pay to go in, information desk doesn't open all day etc. WH Smith only opens a few hours each day.

The best bus station by far around here is Doncaster. It is connected to the train station properly and the Frenchgate shopping centre, clean toilets and waiting areas. It was also the last of the 4 South Yorkshire stations to charge for the toilets.

Edited by Sheff2006

I agree, its too far out of the main shopping areas.

Sheffield interchange is actually an embarrassment for the city with few facilities, toilets which aren't clean enough sometimes and you pay to go in, information desk doesn't open all day etc. WH Smith only opens a few hours each day.

What is your definition of "a few"?

Opening Hours

Monday 07:30 - 18:30

Tuesday 07:30 - 18:30

Wednesday 07:30 - 18:30

Thursday 07:30 - 18:30

Friday 07:30 - 18:30

Saturday 07:30 - 18:30

Sunday 07:30 - 15:00