Opening Hours

Monday 07:30 - 18:30

Tuesday 07:30 - 18:30

Wednesday 07:30 - 18:30

Thursday 07:30 - 18:30

Friday 07:30 - 18:30

Saturday 07:30 - 18:30

Sunday 07:30 - 15:00

Whoa there, let's not let the truth get in the way of a moan. Remember where you are.

What is your definition of "a few"?

Opening Hours

Monday 07:30 - 18:30

Tuesday 07:30 - 18:30

Wednesday 07:30 - 18:30

Thursday 07:30 - 18:30

Friday 07:30 - 18:30

Saturday 07:30 - 18:30

Sunday 07:30 - 15:00

Before 7:30am - if you are catching an early coach or if you arrive back on a Sunday say 5pm.

They might as well demolish it as its in the wrong place.

Most people getting a bus want to be much further up in town.

They would be better just having a couple of rows stops for people who want to use the Station and out of town services.

Agreed. I go through it at various different times and its mainly empty. Plus the walk up to town from it gives you the option of passing a load of drunks begging and shouting each other or another load of drunks staggering from booky to booky with a spliff on. Not ideal!

Agreed. I go through it at various different times and its mainly empty. Plus the walk up to town from it gives you the option of passing a load of drunks begging and shouting each other or another load of drunks staggering from booky to booky with a spliff on. Not ideal!

To be honest that could be anywhere in town- it's a hive of scum these days.

I agree, its too far out of the main shopping areas.

The best bus station by far around here is Doncaster. It is connected to the train station properly and the Frenchgate shopping centre, clean toilets and waiting areas. It was also the last of the 4 South Yorkshire stations to charge for the toilets.

There have been 3 Sheffield bus stations there in my life. One that lasted till the 70s or 80s. One that lasted till the 90s or so. And the present one. It's right net to the railway station. I suppose that's too far from the shopping area too. Moving the bus station would mean knocking down quite a few buildings and rerouting a lot of buses. What could possibly go wrong?

Barnsley bus station is right next to the train station there. Rotherham is about a minute's walk from its train station. I don't actually like Doncaster bus station as it's underground. Frenchgate isn't ideal for using as a thoroughfare from the bus and train station to the streets. but you have to or cross that dual carriageway.

---------- Post added 20-03-2016 at 10:34 ----------

Didn't the bus station have more shelters in the past then they were demolished and the land left for a time?

Before then though there was Sheaf Valley baths.

... I don't actually like Doncaster bus station as it's underground...

No it's not it's at street level. It's well lit, warm and modern and you can get a bus from there to most of Doncaster.

Sheffield's bus station is a complete waste of space for most Sheffielders and most visitors.

They might as well demolish it as its in the wrong place.

Most people getting a bus want to be much further up in town.

They would be better just having a couple of rows stops for people who want to use the Station and out of town services.

isnt it better near a railway station for obvious reasons ?