When Will Bus Station be Demolished

I think the solution to the fact the bus and railway station are too far from the shops would be to run a circular bus round town........you know.....just like the freebee they got rid of!

I'll just leave this here then ;)

Its always been there though. the difficulty is that there is a lack of land to build anything substantial anywhere, even if they wanted to. the bus station is also the coach station as well. Just the same old sheffield moaning.

What busdriver said at#27 there are plentu of buses which use it from out of town routes.

The bus station was always at Pond St, and the shops were always where they are now ,give or take. Is everybody just getting lazier, or has the increase in car ownership made buses irrelevant, since my years of living there.

I believe this to be the reason - folk want everything on a plate these days.:rolleyes:

So where would be a better place for the bus station?

Practically speaking, you can't just go and demolish a load of buildings because it would be better further into the centre.

I agree it's in a pretty poor place, but where else could it go? It's a large area.

Why?did they show some future Flats to built at the Bus Station in The Star the other Day,it just shows the Council is selling off the Station soon i think,The Old Market site would be the Best Place for the New Sheffield Bus Station

Link please - I can't find that story on The Star, even searching.

The bus station, being next to the rail station, is in the perfect location. The problem I have with it is that when I get off a train I can't get on a bus to where I want to go next. Usually I have to get a tram to 'town' (proper) or walk it there, and get on a bus from there instead.

For example if you want to go up Ecclesall Road you have to trek up to the top of Fargate for a bus. Yes I know there are the Derbyshire buses from the bus station that do this route but they are very infrequent. So I imagine most people simply get a taxi for this journey.

The so-called transport 'Interchange' does not adequately perform that function.

Why?did they show some future Flats to built at the Bus Station in The Star the other Day,it just shows the Council is selling off the Station soon i think,The Old Market site would be the Best Place for the New Sheffield Bus Station

You are obsessed with the notion that the Council own the bus station, aren''t you?