Who would you sack at the BBC to save costs

I would sack 80% of those people that can be seen in the background on the BBC news who appear to be just sat around doing nothing, or just having a chat among themselves !

Yes, there was even one man with a napsack on his back running down that spiral staircase in the background. Looks like he was off home .This was in the middle of the news !!!:roll:

I would sack 80% of those people that can be seen in the background on the BBC news who appear to be just sat around doing nothing, or just having a chat among themselves !

Doesn't that make up a massive part of workers in general? work eight hour shifts but only do about four hours worth of work? try doing my job mate its the other end of the scale, minimum of ten hours work in an eight hour period, if you don't you're in the bo******ng room. Maybe their on SF, I always wondered how people managed to work and spend all day on SF too. :suspect:

Doesn't that make up a massive part of workers in general? work eight hour shifts but only do about four hours worth of work? try doing my job mate its the other end of the scale, minimum of ten hours work in an eight hour period, if you don't you're in the bo******ng room. Maybe their on SF, I always wondered how people managed to work and spend all day on SF too. :suspect:

Because their work is on a computer all day and they keep switching over to SF then switching back again when their boss is on the prowl.! :roll:

Alan Yentob. Can't stand the man. Or has he gone already? Talentless, pompous, zero charisma, and hugely overpaid.

There's a lot of very overpaid people at the BBC in my opinion. What do they actually do...?

Why don't you make the effort to find out before declaring them "overpaid"

How do you know?

---------- Post added 20-03-2016 at 00:13 ----------

Clearly working efficiently and managing their time.

I think you need to change your job. I certainly would not put up with doing a minimum of 10 hours work in an 8 hour day only to get dragged into the Bx room as you say.

I would get rid of every single sports reporter and disband the entire BBC Sorts department. It would save a fortune.

Since sport is mostly a vehicle for advertising, the BBC has no place in showing it. Leave it to the commercial channels who can do it properly.

I'd close the beeb down or scramble the signal and let the people who want to watch pay a fee to accesss it, the license is outdated and we don't have a choice whether we watch or not

it would be outdated fullstop if the rest of the millions of people in this country refused to pay it.:hihi:

i don't know where you work, but that's not my experience at all. Generally employers want to squeeze every last drop out of their workers these days...

Mobile phones must be the biggest cause of lost man hours today.