First bus fares change from 27th March 2016

Guest busdriver1
what first have reduced fares bye they have increased the other fares bye the same amount

As has been mentioned above had you bothered to read it, the idea is to make all fares into multiples of 50p removing the need for passengers to think or even attempt to tender the correct fare therefore speeding up boarding times.

As has been mentioned above had you bothered to read it, the idea is to make all fares into multiples of 50p removing the need for passengers to think or even attempt to tender the correct fare therefore speeding up boarding times.

Have you noticed how Stagecoach never have a problem with punctuality. First have this problem and that of disappearing buses. Yet I've never had an issue with Stagecoach wonder why that is?

So worst bus are raising and lowering bus fares to help speed up the services. That is is such a bizarre excuse. I'd have had more understanding if they had said that it was to increase their revenue or to fund new buses. I find their logic that it will speed up boarding times and therefore increase punctuality absolutely preposterous. I for one will not be helping them out with this and will endeavour to make sure that I do not tender the exact fare when I have the misfortune of having to endure a journey on worst bus.

Guest busdriver1
So worst bus are raising and lowering bus fares to help speed up the services. That is is such a bizarre excuse. I'd have had more understanding if they had said that it was to increase their revenue or to fund new buses. I find their logic that it will speed up boarding times and therefore increase punctuality absolutely preposterous. I for one will not be helping them out with this and will endeavour to make sure that I do not tender the exact fare when I have the misfortune of having to endure a journey on worst bus.

And there is a cause of your delays. You must be so proud of yourself inflicting this on people who actually try to help each other out. Big Man :loopy:

And there is a cause of your delays. You must be so proud of yourself inflicting this on people who actually try to help each other out. Big Man :loopy:

Calm down sweetheart. I don't catch buses very often and when I do I prefer Stagecoach to Worst bus. I don't see how me needing change is a cause for delay. Maybe worst should consider an exact fare Box system. Nottingham City Transport have used such a system for years and it works well.

Calm down sweetheart. I don't catch buses very often and when I do I prefer Stagecoach to Worst bus. I don't see how me needing change is a cause for delay. Maybe worst should consider an exact fare Box system. Nottingham City Transport have used such a system for years and it works well.

Good grief.

Stagecoach mainly use Alexander Dennis, First Wright's.

The former are so badly sprung that makes their interaction with Sheffield's wonderfully surfaced and manicured road surfaces is a woeful experience.

Good grief.

Stagecoach mainly use Alexander Dennis, First Wright's.

The former are so badly sprung that makes their interaction with Sheffield's wonderfully surfaced and manicured road surfaces is a woeful experience.

Not sure what an Alexander Dennis is but I take it you mean it's a bus. It does its job and gets me where I want to go. The size of the engine or the colour is irrelevant. I find Stagecoach drivers slightly better mannered on the whole than their Worst bus counterparts.

what first have reduced fares bye they have increased the other fares bye the same amount

I can't imagine that many of the longer journey passengers that travel regularly actually buy single tickets these days. If the single is £2 or £2.50 then there are better value options such as daily, weekly, monthly or carnet tickets.

I can't imagine that many of the longer journey passengers that travel regularly actually buy single tickets these days. If the single is £2 or £2.50 then there are better value options such as daily, weekly, monthly or carnet tickets.

Yeah but £2 to travel from West St to Walkley. When we all remember the pre-Thatcher privatisation prices!

And don't pretend we live in a public transport wonderland where all buses arrive on time, are clean and are manned by polite and helpful drivers.

Yeah but £2 to travel from West St to Walkley. When we all remember the pre-Thatcher privatisation prices!

And don't pretend we live in a public transport wonderland where all buses arrive on time, are clean and are manned by polite and helpful drivers.

£2 isn't bad.

You wouldn't get a pint of beer in a pub for that, other than in Wetherspoons or Sam Smiths perhaps. The Star Flyer ride at the top of Fargate charges £6 per ride.

Pre-Thatcher prices required a lot of taxpayer subsidy, the 95 bus is run commercially with no subsidy.

A weekly Citybus ticket for £14 is £2 per day offering unlimited travel anywhere in Sheffield on any operator - or if you like between City and Walkley and back on both the 31 and 95.

Edited by Andy C