Message To The Conservatives.

Hang on didn't the Tories promise to back Labour's spending commitments?http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6975536.stm

Didn't the Tories say that we should deregulate the financial markets further?

http://blogs.ft.com/westminster/2010/11/osbornes-paean-to-the-irish-economy/

Didn't Osborne in 2010 promise to have cleared the deficit by 2015?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/george-osborne-has-failed-in-his-deficit-reduction-ambitions-and-the-tories-are-likely-to-pay-a-9628526.html

What about Osborne's thoughts on National debt?

George Osborne is borrowing £219bn more than he said he would at the General Election. He has grown National Debt by more Labour Chancellors added together ever did, according to http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/2015/01/100-biggest-failures-of-david-camerons.html

Any more whataboutery to come, or is that an exhaustive list? :hihi:

The budget statement is policy, not things up for consultation. Or that's what I have always understood it to be. Have I been wrong all this time.

Looks to me that the Tory's are back peddling at a rate of nots, and are grasping at straws to get them out of the mire, the mire which they have made for themselves.

Angel1.

A budget is nothing more than an aspiration. After the proposals are put to the House of Commons by the Chancellor all MPs get to discuss the proposals and vote on them. When the MPs have modified the various proposals and approved them, the measures they approve are put on the statute book.

A budget is nothing more than an aspiration. After the proposals are put to the House of Commons by the Chancellor all MPs get to discuss the proposals and vote on them. When the MPs have modified the various proposals and approved them, the measures they approve are put on the statute book.

Thanks for the reply's fellow posters. It does seem I was quite wrong in my assumptions that the budget was set in stone and a done deal. Just shows that you are never too old to learn.

Angel1.

Thanks for the reply's fellow posters. It does seem I was quite wrong in my assumptions that the budget was set in stone and a done deal. Just shows that you are never too old to learn.

Angel1.

A willingness to learn is more important that being correct :thumbsup: ... It's just a shame some people on SF don't see it that way.

The state pension is going up to £155.65 per week from April 2016 but if you retired before this date it's just a couple of quid extra per week.

Nice one, that means most of us can look forward to a slightly better retirement.

---------- Post added 21-03-2016 at 15:26 ----------

No message is needed. The facts are the Conservatives won the last election with a clear majority. The majority is a small one, but workable. The facts are after the result of the EU referendum, the infighting will stop and the Consevatives will have nearly 4 years to prepare for the next General Election.

The message to Labour is they have no chance of winning a General Election with their current leader.

Their leader is a loony, he thinks there will be three options on the EU ballet paper.

Stay in in its current form.

vote out.

or vote to stay his utopian version of the EU that he hasn't created yet. :loopy:

I'd rather have a government that listens to the people and changes its plans based on public opinion and consultation rather than blindly going ahead regardless (Labour's ID card scheme anyone?).

I'd rather have a government that researches things and then makes a good, well-founded and sensible decision than one that makes policy announcements and then has to backtrack. It was surely fairly obvious that most people were going to say 'woah, hang a minute, taking money from disabled people? that's not ok'...perhaps it just shows how out of touch all politicians are.

I don't reckon much to either Labour or the Conservatives now. They are both too interested in looking after themselves. Neither have honesty or integrity and are so full of their own self-importance and god-given right to know best. They both say whatever they believe will get (or keep) them in power. Having said all that, I would much rather have a government that takes notice of the backlash to its policies and changes, rather than one that ploughs blindly on and couldn't give a monkeys what people think.

It's about time politicians learned we put them there to REPRESENT us, NOT rule us.

My sentiments exactly. There is nothing wrong with changing your mind.

There's a subtle difference in voluntarily changing your mind, and being forced to.

It just seems to me, that every so often, they'll bring forth something outlandish and hope the outcry isn't enough to back pedal. Thereby sneaking it through on a nod.

I'd rather have a government that researches things and then makes a good, well-founded and sensible decision than one that makes policy announcements and then has to backtrack. It was surely fairly obvious that most people were going to say 'woah, hang a minute, taking money from disabled people? that's not ok'...perhaps it just shows how out of touch all politicians are.

You can never make everyone happy. The government could spend millions on surveys and studies to find out what some peoples opinions are, but this is not perfect and would make more people unhappy at the amount spent!

The best we can have is a government that listens.