Time Team Sheffield Special

Tony

I watched it and got rather annoyed when the developers were muscling in with their time schedule. It just makes me wonder about all that our ancestors went through to earn a living and how their endeavours, to some, mean nothing. We've probably had some very interesting walks/sites of interest concreted over with all the building that's gone on around the City. In this instance, with regard to the flood disaster and the siting of industrial activity which I thought was confined to town, Attercliffe-Meadowhall and around Kelham Island.

I'm now going to have a look for a site re: ARCUS

Don't forget that the developer is just the latest person to do what the archeology was showing. In 300 years, that development will probably be archeaology. It might be interesting, but we are always at a snapshot in time - this happens to be ours.

Don't forget that the developer is just the latest person to do what the archeology was showing. In 300 years, that development will probably be archeaology.

That is so true but while our own actions today are recorded in one place or another I feel it is so important that we don't rush archaeological proceedings that unearth findings of life before.

TBH I don't think that they do rush them. By the same token, they don't want let archeologists spend months recording things for the sake of it, and I don't think that archeologists want to do that either. Any of our resident archeologists like to comment?

Archived