Saudi arabia uncovered

no veiled muslim hate thread here mate on the other hand an openly discussing islam one. did you see the programme ?

No. Did they have a bake off and then join hands and sing "we are the world"?

Incidentally I think you missed my point. There are people that will bend over backwards and stick their head up their bottom to defend Islam and anyone questioning Islam is instantly a racist. That is until that Islam is practised by the UK's business "friends". In which case Islam is fair game.

It's a double standard you see.....

Edited by Jonny5

yes you might be right tzi(how stupid of me) but now looking at the evidence of how these people live. should we in this country even consider even letting any of these practises take hold here :huh:

Good of you to admit so ricgem, I appreciate that.

I think the genuine question is: Are their practices taking hold here, the answer to which is: no.

How do I know? I know a lot of muslims who think what is happening in Saudi Arabia is moronic. Based on that sample, which admittedly isn't scientific, I am going to say that the majority of muslims living here think it is moronic (not allowing women to drive, stoning as a punishment, chopped off hands etc. etc.).

Maybe you should try talking to a muslim once? It might broaden your horizon a bit, I will happily arrange a meeting if you are open to it?

Might be an evil, despotic, misogynistic, extremist, bigoted country....but they buy weapons from us and sell us oil so they must be OK. And when one of their evil unelected leaders dies our Royal family fawn all over them and flags are flown at half mast, whilst our PM (of all parties) cream themselves to suck up to the successor.

Might be an evil, despotic, misogynistic, extremist, bigoted country....but they buy weapons from us and sell us oil so they must be OK. And when one of their evil unelected leaders dies our Royal family fawn all over them and flags are flown at half mast, whilst our PM (of all parties) cream themselves to suck up to the successor.

One of their evil unelected leaders half owns our local footy club.

Hopefully now you realise why so many want to flee that country and others like it and come to countries like the UK for a better life. :)

There are many ,many countries they could head to for "a better life" without coming half way round the world to good old soft touch Blighty.

wonder why benefits rich UK is there destination of choice ?

they'll run out of money and oil eventually.

Massive investement in renewables would reduce the UK dependency on the Gulf states and Russia, which would be very desirable in foreign policy terms. Plus, less money going into the Gulf states in oil revenue means less money flowing from the Gulf states to Daesh, Al-Qaida, Al-Nusra Front etc. So what does the UK government do?

Massive investement in renewables would reduce the UK dependency on the Gulf states and Russia, which would be very desirable in foreign policy terms. Plus, less money going into the Gulf states in oil revenue means less money flowing from the Gulf states to Daesh, Al-Qaida, Al-Nusra Front etc. So what does the UK government do?

Well we only get 2% of our oil from the Middle East according to this http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/markets/2811607/Britain-has-slashed-its-reliance-on-Mideast-oil.html (albeit 2007 figures - I couldn't find any newer) so we won't have to do much.

Who will sell expensive arms to?