Safer from terror attacks by leaving the EU?

The reasons you gave are the reason they left their country, not the reason they ended up in Calais.

If every country in the Schengen area had boarder controls they wouldn't be in Calais.

Untrue because people can and do get past border controls.

If they hadnt left they would be in their home country and not in Calais. they end up in calais becayse its in the way to the UK where they believe they wnat to claim asylum or becayse they are attracted to the chance for a better standard of living. nothing to do with schengen.

No they are there because of the reasons i mentioned. If those reasons didnt exist, then they wouldnt be there.

If schengen didnt exist they might not find it as easy to get to calais but they woudl still be there.

Your argument is ridiculous as well as stupid.

They might not find it as easy :hihi: .... There were not many Afghans in Calais after Russia invaded Afghanistan in 1979.

Its just a coincidence then, that both the current migrant crisis in Calais and the previous migrant crisis at Sangatte both happened after the Schengen agreement. We could act really silly and blame Margaret Thatcher for the Calais problem because she signed an agreement with France to build the Channel Tunnel.

Untrue because people can and do get past border controls.

If they hadnt left they would be in their home country and not in Calais. they end up in calais becayse its in the way to the UK where they believe they wnat to claim asylum or becayse they are attracted to the chance for a better standard of living. nothing to do with schengen.

If it hadn't have been so easy to get to Calais they wouldn't have left their country, when something is easy more people will try it.

But they couldn't walk unhindered to Calais and those in Calais aren't refugees, they are economic migrants.

Some of them are and some of them will be found to be refugees probaby 2/3 to 1/3.

Being unable to walk unhindered doesnt mean they wouldnt exist. they would probably use more smugglers. as is likely to happen anyway if we leave the EU and they bright back there border controls they cna easily let through anyone they like. People trying to get to Calais wont be there problem.

Going back to the original point schengen isnt the cuase of calais its becayse people are migrating for whatever reason. If they werent migrating there would be no calais problem.

Some of them are and some of them will be found to be refugees probaby 2/3 to 1/3.

Being unable to walk unhindered doesnt mean they wouldnt exist. they would probably use more smugglers. as is likely to happen anyway if we leave the EU and they bright back there border controls they cna easily let through anyone they like. People trying to get to Calais wont be there problem.

Going back to the original point schengen isnt the cuase of calais its becayse people are migrating for whatever reason. If they werent migrating there would be no calais problem.

And if it wasn't so easy they wouldn't be migrating.

I was just listening to Dr Chrisopher Phillips speaking on Radio 4. He states that if Britain leaves the EU it will become safer from terrorists.

I understand others in parliament have voiced similar things.

We would be safer, purely down to the fact that we could control our borders with more vigour if were out of the EU.

We must not be part of any OPEN BORDER agreement. Its pure stupidity.

We would be safer, purely down to the fact that we could control our borders with more vigour if were out of the EU.

We must not be part of any OPEN BORDER agreement. Its pure stupidity.

If anything we would be less safe. I very much doubt that a terrorist would arrive at our borders with guns and explosives in his bag so how will the border agencies know a visitor is a terrorist or not..?

I suppose we could always ask them if they were terrorists and hope they told the truth.

And of course, that wouldn't do anything about internal terrorists.

If anything we would be less safe. I very much doubt that a terrorist would arrive at our borders with guns and explosives in his bag so how will the border agencies know a visitor is a terrorist or not..?

I suppose we could always ask them if they were terrorists and hope they told the truth.

And of course, that wouldn't do anything about internal terrorists.

So by having an OPEN BORDER policy our country is safer then ?

How on earth does that make us safer ?

We have to monitor people who enter our country. If we do, that makes us safer. Surely that's common sense.

If someone knocks on your door at night, do you always invite them in ? Or do you assess them and then make your informed decision for entry or not.