Are we in danger of 'normalising' terrorism?

i have no interest in religion what so ever but when i was talking to a ranking officer in the royal engineers who was the kindest guy i have met and would follow him in to battle anywhere he told me as it is written in Arabic it is full of love and respect but people often miss read what it is saying and take action on things they believe but it is the same with any book i could read something you have just read and come out with a completely different meaning its not what it says thats the problem its how its read and understood

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 14:09 ----------

I've read an English copy and it is full of hate, if there is a copy with all the hate removed then that is the only copy that should be available. Have you read the book they claim is full of love or are you simply taking their word for it?

quote a passage thats full of hate if you have read it.

Edited by Spray Dogs

:loopy: absolutely absurd think you might need to get your self an English copy and read it before making judgement about peoples religion i have a lot of friends in the British army who are Muslim and have told me its all about loving each other and treating everyone with respect.

Blimey you've done well, there are only 550 Muslims in the British army in total.

Blimey you've done well, there are only 550 Muslims in the British army in total.

lofao thats the funniest thing i have read all day and how is it you have come across that number was it the bus you caught to the job centre this morning find it very hard to believe civilians would know any direct number but please why not tell me how many gingers are serving at this moment in time

lofao thats the funniest thing i have read all day and how is it you have come across that number was it the bus you caught to the job centre this morning find it very hard to believe civilians would know any direct number but please why not tell me how many gingers are serving at this moment in time

No need to for a formal apology but a "yeah, it's pretty difficult to disagree with that link from the guardian which shows a response to a freedom of information request".

http://www.theguardian.com/news/reality-check/2015/dec/11/donald-trump-needs-check-facts-british-muslims-isis

i have no interest in religion what so ever but when i was talking to a ranking officer in the royal engineers who was the kindest guy i have met and would follow him in to battle anywhere he told me as it is written in Arabic it is full of love and respect but people often miss read what it is saying and take action on things they believe but it is the same with any book i could read something you have just read and come out with a completely different meaning its not what it says thats the problem its how its read and understood

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 14:09 ----------

quote a passage thats full of hate if you have read it.

I think before you make claims about how nice the koran is, you should read it.

well i spent 12 years in the royal engineers 33 +101 ENGR REGT (EOD) and have seen a fair amount of Muslims so at least the ones who do are making a real difference

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 15:20 ----------

I think before you make claims about how nice the koran is, you should read it.

i told you sutty27 if you have read it and think its full of hate quote a passage

well i spent 12 years in the royal engineers 33 +101 ENGR REGT (EOD) and have seen a fair amount of Muslims so at least the ones who do are making a real difference

Non of which changes the fact that the Koran is full of hate, you don't even have to read much of it before it talks about great punishments for non believers, get further and the disabled, gays, blind all deserve to be punished.

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 15:23 ----------

i told you sutty27 if you have read it and think its full of hate quote a passage

Read it, its an eye opener.

Thank you for your service.

But I am right. ;)

No need to for a formal apology but a "yeah, it's pretty difficult to disagree with that link from the guardian which shows a response to a freedom of information request".

http://www.theguardian.com/news/reality-check/2015/dec/11/donald-trump-needs-check-facts-british-muslims-isis

one thing you are not thinking about is that they are getting this information from a form we all have to fill out every year if you look over 12,000 have selected no religion as i was one of this group but i come from a (c of e) background and any amount of this group could be from a Islamic background and probably are.

one thing you are not thinking about is that they are getting this information from a form we all have to fill out every year if you look over 12,000 have selected no religion as i was one of this group but i come from a (c of e) background and any amount of this group could be from a Islamic background and probably are.

Do you know many Muslims who hide their religion under a bushel? Could be an awkward moment at breakfast if someone passes them a bacon sarnie!

You say you are from a c of e background - were you religious at the time and felt you had to lie on the form or are you only c of e because your parents are and didn't think it was worth mentioning because basically you aren't religious?