Smear Tests Private Clinics

Doctors felt a small lump on My Wifes tubes and she has been told she needs a smear test. The appointment she got is for 6 weeks time. I have done some Googling and got no where. I need to find a private clinic to do the relevant tests. Any idea where to start on this. Private clinics etc. Cost not an issue. We finding all this difficult. Doc says could be cancer or cysts.

Both Claremont and Thornbury have private gynaecologists who could do the tests. If your doctor has suggested that it could be a cancer they should have done a 2 week wait referral to a fast track clinic for investigations

Edited by Priorylady
bad grammar

She has to goto doctors for a 30 minute appointment in April. She needs blood test doing and a smear. She had a scan done only 3 month ago. She was told by Nurse at her docs in Hoyland they are back logged. And to wait her turn.

Edited by swede1973
Typo

If a 2 week wait referral has been made then I can't really see the hospital giving a 6 week appointment, the gynae dept has a very good record for seeing their patients within target dates

Aren't smears carried out by the practice nurse in the GP's surgery?

I think I misunderstood the OP, I thought she had been made a referral to hospital for the appointment. It sounds more like a routine smear test.

JFK, if a GP thought there was a possibility of cervical cancer(ie an abnormal looking cervix, post coital bleeding etc) the correct procedure would be to refer directly to a colposcopy clinic rather than repeating a smear at the GPs clinic. For 'lumps on tubes' I would expect a referral for a scan as a smear would not diagnose tubal or ovarian problems

Both Claremont and Thornbury have private gynaecologists who could do the tests. If your doctor has suggested that it could be a cancer they should have done a 2 week wait referral to a fast track clinic for investigations

I agree. I don't understand why her GP hasn't made an urgent appointment for her if he thinks there is a chance it may be cancer.

I would go back to the surgery and demand an earlier appointment - waiting 6 weeks is unacceptable and could be detrimental - tell them that.

If you want a private consultation with a gynaecologist you will need a letter of referral from your GP.

Best wishes.