Good Friday and Easter?

You may as well go into work then, keep the gears of that educated brain of yours greased.:rolleyes:

Educated people don't work Sundays unless they are doctors, which I am not. Sunday working is for chumps.

My view of this is, that shops don't need to be open , one day won't kill anyone . apart from as a christian I like sundays as a day of worship and fellowship with other like minded people I also like the fact we can have family time , time to spend with our loved ones , perhaps go for a family picnic , or watch a film together , or even play board games , this is lacking in modern life. My children are all grown but on sunday we try to spend it together.We like to do that its about family values , this is the way we chose to spend days off too.

Of course it won't kill anyone.

If the world shut down for Superman's birthday, would it annoy you?

I have a good idea, well I think so anyhow.

Let the businesses that want to open on Bank Holidays, Christmas Day, Sundays and any other day do so. Let any shoppers who wish to use these facility's do so without any grumbles from anyone. Let the Churchgoers go to Church or do whatever the religious do on Sundays without any grumbles from any one.

Then we will all be happy, yes.

Angel1.

I have a good idea, well I think so anyhow.

Let the businesses that want to open on Bank Holidays, Christmas Day, Sundays and any other day do so. Let any shoppers who wish to use these facility's do so without any grumbles from anyone. Let the Churchgoers go to Church or do whatever the religious do on Sundays without any grumbles from any one.

Then we will all be happy, yes.

Angel1.

Sensible, religion shouldn't be imposed on people

Great, no excuse then.

Further personal insults will result in me reporting you. Personal insults shame the person making them. For shame belle, for shame.

There is a school of thought that says Christ was born in September....

Normal thought is around March / April due to the shepherds being in the fields at lambing time

---------- Post added 25-03-2016 at 21:22 ----------

Im glad that places are open on Good Friday, it annoys me they aren't open on Easter Sunday. Why should the economy suffer and the educated be put out to repect the desires of the intellectually stunted?

Really grinds my gears.

You havent said so but i assume you are of the opinion that shops should also open on christmas day due to the same argument? I assume that you work on easter day and christmas day to support your point?

When I was a lad I was taught that 2 days every year are 'everything closed day' they were Good Friday & Christmas day! What's happened??

Whats happened is common sense has been used at last.

There is no reason what so ever for shops to be closed on good friday

Educated people don't work Sundays unless they are doctors, which I am not. Sunday working is for chumps.

Of course it won't kill anyone.

If the world shut down for Superman's birthday, would it annoy you?

What date has been set for supermans birthday? also, what about batman, wonder woman, the hulk, captain america??

---------- Post added 25-03-2016 at 21:26 ----------

So are you saying that all these people that work on sundays so YOU can shop are idiots for doing so? Firemen, police etc are also uneducated? So are YOU the only educated one out there on sundays?

---------- Post added 25-03-2016 at 21:29 ----------

Sensible, religion shouldn't be imposed on people

Further personal insults will result in me reporting you. Personal insults shame the person making them. For shame belle, for shame.

IS religion being imposed on you? Some shops ARE open on easter day and christmas day, use those.

You havent said so but i assume you are of the opinion that shops should also open on christmas day due to the same argument? I assume that you work on easter day and christmas day to support your point?

No I don't work either of those days because Easter is a Sunday and my work is closed over Christmas. However my work CHOOSE to close those times, they are not forced to.

My issue is with the law making places shut on these days. This point should be fairly easily understood upon reading my comments.

What date has been set for supermans birthday? also, what about batman, wonder woman, the hulk, captain america??

---------- Post added 25-03-2016 at 21:26 ----------

So are you saying that all these people that work on sundays so YOU can shop are idiots for doing so? Firemen, police etc are also uneducated? So are YOU the only educated one out there on sundays?

---------- Post added 25-03-2016 at 21:29 ----------

IS religion being imposed on you? Some shops ARE open on easter day and christmas day, use those.

1) Superman's birthday is Feb 29th.

2) No, stupid and uneducated are two completely different things. If you think that the police are educated then you are mistaken. Have a Google search and look into police personality and intelligence, there is a myriad of studies about it.

3) Religion is being imposed on society because of the laws requiring the closure of businesses on certain days.

My view of this is, that shops don't need to be open , one day won't kill anyone . apart from as a christian I like sundays as a day of worship and fellowship with other like minded people I also like the fact we can have family time , time to spend with our loved ones , perhaps go for a family picnic , or watch a film together , or even play board games , this is lacking in modern life. My children are all grown but on sunday we try to spend it together.We like to do that its about family values , this is the way we chose to spend days off too.

You can do whatever you like, why should you get to dictate to everyone else though?