Businesses supporting the Leave campaign

Is it really going to be like this RJ?

Jeeez.....I'm staying in then.:P

Oh yes Woodsy. Definitely.

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 12:33 ----------

And I wont be able to get refills for my coffee machine. The Italians won't sell those to me. And there will be no Guiness for my children. My Rolex will have to go back to Switzerland too. (er hang on...)

Oh yes Woodsy. Definitely.

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 12:33 ----------

And I wont be able to get refills for my coffee machine. The Italians won't sell those to me. And there will be no Guiness for my children. My Rolex will have to go back to Switzerland too. (er hang on...)

But will it mean that we are able to trade with folk like the USA and China or go on holiday to Thailand and Australia as these folk have never been in the EU? But I will be able to take my Rolex back to HongKong to get new batteries fitted.

Good news. Well done Osborne. From zero revenue to ££££££ just by cutting taxes.

though less than we would have got had they not left in the first place.

strange how people who are actively against the free movement of people, activley encourage the free movement of corporations even though it causes far more damage to the economy than people do.

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 12:40 ----------

But will it mean that we are able to trade with folk like the USA and China or go on holiday to Thailand and Australia as these folk have never been in the EU? But I will be able to take my Rolex back to HongKong to get new batteries fitted.

yes and rather than authentic guinness made in ireland, you will be able to buy a knock off made in a tin shed in kazakhstan from fermented wasps milk.

yes and rather than authentic guinness made in ireland, you will be able to buy a knock off made in a tin shed in kazakhstan from fermented wasps milk.

Our supermarket already stocks Guinness which according to the label was made in Nigeria. Is that authentic?

Our supermarket already stocks Guinness which according to the label was made in Nigeria. Is that authentic?

i dont know but last i heard Nigeria wasnt in the EU so it rather sinks the outies arguments about trading with non-EU nations.

though less than we would have got had they not left in the first place.

strange how people who are actively against the free movement of people, activley encourage the free movement of corporations even though it causes far more damage to the economy than people do.

The former tends to cost the present inhabitants of a country. The latter tends to bring economic benefit. If a country doesn't want a business to coe in and create employment and generate tax revenue, then more fool them.

Oh no the Irish won't sell us their Guiness. :loopy:

---------- Post added 28-03-2016 at 12:49 ----------

i dont know but last i heard Nigeria wasnt in the EU so it rather sinks the outies arguments about trading with non-EU nations.

What??? :huh:

Seems like it......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guinness_Nigeria

I knew the Nigerians loved the stuff, but didn't know they actually make it.

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

Many of the employment protections which have come about in the last 40 years have had their origin in EU Directives.

The Tory element of the previous coalition wanted to reduce employment protections but were stopped by the Lib Dem element. There hasn't been an attempt in this parliament to introduce the legislation presumably because the Tories are still hammering disabled people into the dust but I've no doubt that employees turn will come.

So I think we can pretty safely say that Less of all the above will be the order of the day.

If you have a government which incentivises a race to the bottom then even the good employers will have to join it else they will not be able compete with the bad employers who embrace the race completely.

About the only thing all sides agree on is that there will be a period of turmoil following a brexit and that will cost jobs, reduce job security etc. The outies seem to think that this is a price worth paying and that eventually things will get better. The innies tend to think that things wont be as good as they are now.

The thing is if you're an outie and 6 months after voting for a successful exit campaign are you going to feel it was worth it 6 months down the line if you have no job and you're at risk of losing your home.

Of course not. We can talk idly about periods of economic turmoil but the reality is that translates into job losses and financial turmoil for a lot of people.