Man who confronted Muslim woman re Brussels attack

** Of your points, the man's idiocy is best shown by his putting it all on Twitter.

Not if it encourages other idiots to go out and do the same.

---------- Post added 26-03-2016 at 22:39 ----------

The CPS have apparently said the police were wrong to arrest him. Do you have information to the contrary?

Also, I doubt he thought for a second that he was going to prison

If they believe a crime may have been commited then they were right to arrest him. Its up to the CPS about whether theres enough evidence to proceed with a prosecution. So they process worked as intended.

He's pretty obviously one of those lovely people who are constantly spoiling for a fight with anyone and everyone. The police may have meant to scare him by arresting him but I'm pretty sure it's backfired.

Now he's not only got random Muslims passers by to confront on the street and all the people mocking him on twitter to fight with, but also a police complaint to fight! He must be like a dog in pig....doo.

I got quite annoyed about what a tool his behaviour makes him

People should be allowed to go about their daily business without anyone getting in their face.

His subsequent posts on twiiter encouraging his followers makes him look particularly unpleasant.

Or perhaps he wanted to emulate Mr Trump- gaining free publicity at little or no personal cost.

Perhaps. But if the goal of public relations is enhance a company's or person's standing in the eyes of the public, then I don't think he's done a very good job on himself!

Free speech under threat?

why should innocent people in the street be "confronted" over things they havent done? you wouldnt like it, I wouldnt like it

---------- Post added 26-03-2016 at 23:07 ----------

He appeared to have broken no law. Being a tool is not against the law.

surely its a public order offence?

i got done under that for having a swear word on the back of my jacket, actually confronting somebody is a lot worse in my book

why should innocent people in the street be "confronted" over things they havent done? you wouldnt like it, I wouldnt like it

---------- Post added 26-03-2016 at 23:07 ----------

surely its a public order offence?

i got done under that for having a swear word on the back of my jacket, actually confronting somebody is a lot worse in my book

I agree - I think he is lacking in social skills.