Man who confronted Muslim woman re Brussels attack

Even the police need to have grounds for an arrest and it is pretty clear they had none. Expect a compensation payout for wrongful arrest.

Personally I do not see what is wrong with asking the followers of Islam to explain the evil extremism that is a by-product of their religion. There are plenty of religions out there that people can waste their lives following if they so choose, so why do they have to persist with one that has such nasty side effects? Isn't it a fair question?

It makes about as much sense as someone confronting a random white person and asking them to justify what anders breivik did.

But doing that wouldn't be a crime, it's just asshattery.

---------- Post added 27-03-2016 at 14:58 ----------

They can arrest if they believe a crime has been committed and they want to do further investigations. depending upon how and what you tweet then it can be and yes speaking to someone depends upon what and how you said it. They needed to find that out, but then failed to follow procedure.

Doing what he did was particularly spineless way of spreading his islamophobia.

I didnt manage to loate a stament by the CPS, dont knw if they have one on their site.

If they believed a crime had been committed then they really need to check their understanding of the law.

What he posted clearly didn't fall under hate speech or incitement to violence, and what he claimed to have said didn't either.

Whatever happens to this stupid individual police wise, the poor innocent woman involved will get the last laugh.

Surprise surprise Mr Big Mouth's twitter account has suddenly disappeared.

Now, a quick glace at his Agency's facebook page and its filled with people expressing their "freedom of speech" opinions about what they think about him.

As a talent and PR agency, I cant wait to see how some of his clients and associates will react to their behaviour.

Good luck next partners meeting when trying to pitch for new work pal. As a new agency which seemingly only started this year and still using @virginmedia.com free email addresses I don't fancy their chances. They are hardly the most established or professional outfit.

Any incident like this, no matter how trivial it is deemed, can damage a reputation of a company beyond repair. Considering this guy is supposed to be Partner he really should know better.

Next headline, Grant Doyle Associates shuts down.

Edited by ECCOnoob

It makes about as much sense as someone confronting a random white person and asking them to justify what anders breivik did.

But doing that wouldn't be a crime, it's just asshattery.

I've heard that comparison before but it makes no sense. Do you think Breivik did what he did because of his skin colour? Do people choose ethnicity like they choose religion? Can you reform ethnicity or give it up?

What happened in Brussels was driven by the teachings of Islam. Whether it is a misinterpretation or not is irrelevant... without Islam it wouldn't have happened. Therefore all those who choose to propagate and perpetuate Islam are, by default, also perpetuating the extremist by-product. It is reasonable to challenge their decision and ask them what, if anything, they are going to do about the problems caused by their religion. I'll grant you though that it lacks any class to simply approach random people in the street to make the challenge.

Breivik electronically distributed a compendium of texts entitled 2083: A European Declaration of Independence, describing his militant ideology.[9][10][11][12] In them, he lays out a worldview encompassing opposition to Islam and feminism.[13][14]

What happened in Norway was a direct result of religion.

No doubt you've all read the story of the London PR man, Matthew Doyle, who tweeted about his encounter with a Muslim woman he had never met. He said the woman gave a “mealy-mouthed” response after he demanded she “explain” the Brussels attacks. In fact the Muslim lady said, rightly in my opinion, the attacks were nothing to do with her. This, Doyle labelled as 'mealy mouthed'.

After he took to Twitter to complain of her response - he was met with some sarcasm after his Tweet went 'viral'. For example:

I confronted an Irish woman. I asked her to explain "Mrs Brown's Boys: Da movie". She said "nothing to do with me". A mealy mouthed reply.

Yes the police were heavy handed in having him arrested under the Public Order Act (which the CPS said the police didn't have the power to do). However Doyle, in theatrical manner, complained that he was:

"denied a shave, shower, food etc, I was stripped of any dignity to appear a

t Camberwell court without looking like a dishevelled hobo, which I am not". Oh boo -hoo :rolleyes:

But Doyle did not help himself by taking to Twitter calling Muslims 'Towel heads'.

I agree with his complaint that the police were heavy handed, but Doyle hardly behaved with grace and dignity.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/26/charges-dropped-against-man-who-confronted-muslim-woman-croydon

How did Mr Doyle know the woman was a Muslim would be my question.

Angel1.

Even the police need to have grounds for an arrest and it is pretty clear they had none. Expect a compensation payout for wrongful arrest.

Personally I do not see what is wrong with asking the followers of Islam to explain the evil extremism that is a by-product of their religion. There are plenty of religions out there that people can waste their lives following if they so choose, so why do they have to persist with one that has such nasty side effects? Isn't it a fair question?

It depends on how it's done.

If someone came upto me in the street at the height of the Irish toubles, and asked me to justify what the IRA had done - I would have said, 'nothing to do with me". It's not that difficult to understand. Many innocent Muslims have been subject to hate crimes, so for a random stranger to question another random stranger about their religion and the actions of other strangers is just gauche in the extreme.

It's no more a public order offence than asking for directions. He wasn't threatening or abusive. In fact the woman hasn't spoken up, so for all we know the entire thing was made up.

If he tweeted, "just murdered someone on Clapham Common" do you think the police would turn up and arrest him for murder?

how do you know he wasnt aggressive or abusive? i havent seen the incident so i dont know