Road closures- Sheffield Half Marathon- 10 April 2016

Yes let's cancel the marathon on the off chance some Neanderthal wins £20 on a Sunday morning and the machine won't pay out and then decides to kick off.

In fact lets all protest and demand a total ban from Sheffield ever hosting any event ever again that might cause disruption to some people.

I couldn't give a monkey's about gamblers. It,s the council that don't give a monkeys about the trouble it causes to people trying to do a days work that's the thing.

You poor little thing, I really feel for you. Maybe there's a helpline that you can ring so you can speak to someone who may help you come to terms with your difficult situation?

Just so you know, you're not on your own. The people of SF are here whenever you may need us in this difficult time for you. :thumbsup:

At the end of the day, to some people the half marathon will be an enjoyable experience and to others it will be a pain in the backside.

Having a go at people who have no interest in the event and to whom it is just an inconvenience is not entirely constructive. Personally, I'm not directly affected up here at Woodseats but I can understand peoples frustrations who are.

Yes let's cancel the marathon on the off chance some Neanderthal wins £20 on a Sunday morning and the machine won't pay out and then decides to kick off.

In fact lets all protest and demand a total ban from Sheffield ever hosting any event ever again that might cause disruption to some people.

Indeed. Maybe demolish Sheffield Arena because the roads round there can be snarled up before and after a show. Meadowhall too because the traffic around there at Christmas is a nightmare. Maybe we could get a few vehicles off the road at rush hour by getting some companies closed down.

Let nothing stand between a fruit machine technician and his customers. Those extra minutes are vital.

Indeed. Maybe demolish Sheffield Arena because the roads round there can be snarled up before and after a show. Meadowhall too because the traffic around there at Christmas is a nightmare. Maybe we could get a few vehicles off the road at rush hour by getting some companies closed down.

Let nothing stand between a fruit machine technician and his customers. Those extra minutes are vital.

I think that you're being too harsh. Spilldig is obviously struggling with the situation and he deserves our sympathy and support.

I think that you're being too harsh. Spilldig is obviously struggling with the situation and he deserves our sympathy and support.

Yes sorry, but I think it's fair to say that those AA adverts where they called themselves the 4th emergency service were bang wrong, not just because the coastguard and mountain rescue are emergency services but because they totally forgot about the fruitie technicians as well.

Well I could have happily sat at home or gone out and supported the marathon if our customers had took it in their stride and not bothered I suppose, but they did.

Have you thought about asking someone to be sponsored for the half marathon so they could raise funds towards your noble cause?

Have you thought about asking someone to be sponsored for the half marathon so they could raise funds towards your noble cause?

I know that you must know that I wouldn't add to the problem. I may be wrong but it sounds as if you have not had the pleasure of working weekends. All I'm saying is that I have sympathy for people trying to get to work on that Sunday morning, or trying to get home after a night shift, or anyone that has their road closed for hours, now if you don't have any feelings for them, then you don't, I am just saying that I do.

I know that you must know that I wouldn't add to the problem. I may be wrong but it sounds as if you have not had the pleasure of working weekends. All I'm saying is that I have sympathy for people trying to get to work on that Sunday morning, or trying to get home after a night shift, or anyone that has their road closed for hours, now if you don't have any feelings for them, then you don't, I am just saying that I do.

Your assumption is wrong, I do work regular weekends and nightshifts. In fact I was working nights last weekend.

You're also wrong about me not having feelings, I do have every sympathy for the stressful situation that you find yourself in. You may be surprised to know that the people of SF are here for you.