Sky. Yet another price increase.

I live in an area with slow broadband, and 75% of the time no sky TV signal. I asked my neighbours if they had a problem and they said very rarely when its exceptionally breezy but not as much as us.

I spoke to sky twice about it and all I get is adverse weather conditions. I've been thinking of changing my provider for sometime for phone/broadband, and I have freeview built into the TV but didn't want to loose catch up and recording facilities which sky has, although the majority of sky channels I don't watch.

You can get freeview with pause/record/catch up.

You can get freeview with pause/record/catch up.

Having never used it I thought it was just 60 channels with no added extras, my sky is about £62 a month currently for TV I can't access very often, snail pace broadband and phone. I'm just unsure I will be any better off

Edited by nikki-red
fixed quote tags

It would seem that Sky are yet again increasing their prices.I am pretty sure it was only about four months ago when they last did this.This company really is taking the mick.I know they are not breaking any laws, but the contracts they make us accept are too one sided,customers should be given the right to cancel the agreements if there is a price increase inside the 12 months.It's time the Government introduced some new regulations and helped the consumer instead of everything always being on the side of the provider.This also applies to broadband providers and phone providers.However Sky may well yet shoot themselves in the foot.Sensible customers ring up near the end of their contract and get themselves a much better deal,a deal which will make any price increases irrelevant.But of course really sensible customers will just cancel.

:huh:

They have never made me accept a contract.

Im thinking of ditching Sky and going with the freesat setup, but I really like the way the Sky Box works, its the best system for browsing TV as far as I can tell.

My TV has NowTV built in so I can still get the Sky Atlantic shows as and when I want (GOT etc).

I bought a freesat and cancelled my sky subscription.

The freesat paid for itself after 2 months.

Total right way to go, saving £ time depends which box you get, they top out around £250 but start at £30ish.

---------- Post added 03-04-2016 at 17:52 ----------

Im thinking of ditching Sky and going with the freesat setup, but I really like the way the Sky Box works, its the best system for browsing TV as far as I can tell.

My TV has NowTV built in so I can still get the Sky Atlantic shows as and when I want (GOT etc).

The way the Humax Foxat scopes the catchup is nicer/easier than sky in many users opinions, it's as easy as just scrolling left within the EPG to see previous episodes of the channel you're checking. Lemon Squeezy.