Sky. Yet another price increase.

I'm with TalkTalk and pay £17.70 a month line rental for unlimited broadband and currently getting free (and unlimited) calls to landlines and mobiles.

I was previously charged £7.50 a month for this but with the cyber attack, I got this free as they offered 'free upgrades'.

TalkTalk do have some negatives though, namely the foreign customer service staff - difficult to understand but a way around this is to use the Web Chat facility.

I thought Sky were a good provider for broadband and landline phone but expensive for TV.

TalkTalk do have some negatives though, namely the foreign customer service staff - difficult to understand but a way around this is to use the Web Chat facility.

And the broadband 'service' is very slow; it often conks out, although not quite so much of late.

Yes but it's contract free. Sky cheapest package is approx £28 per month with a years contract while NowTV entertainment package is £6.99 a month with no contract.

But you're comparing apples with oranges.

Now TV won't have the same content as Sky,hence the price.

Sky tv is currently £20 for newbies with a "free" 32inch TV.

Admittedly it is contractual, but if you don't want a contract the fact that its Sky/Murdoch is irrelevant (as some people have an issue with both).

I've just processed an order or completed to submit the order and it didn't want to charge anymore than £20 and a one off £10 fee.

It then took me directly to select my gift and confirm my address.

It didn't even ask if i had broadband or a phone line.

But you're comparing apples with oranges.

Now TV won't have the same content as Sky,hence the price.

Sky tv is currently £20 for newbies with a "free" 32inch TV.

Admittedly it is contractual, but if you don't want a contract the fact that its Sky/Murdoch is irrelevant (as some people have an issue with both).

Not really. Im comparing different ways to view the same content (mostly).

You can watch the top channels that you receive on your sky package via a NowTV box for £6.99pm.

NowTV Entertainment Pass gives you:

Sky 1

Sky Arts

Sky Atlantic

Sky Living

Comedy Central

Discovery Channel

Disney Channel

Fox

Gold

ITV Encore

MTV

Nickelodeon

Nick Jr.

ABC Studios (On Demand)

I challenge anyone who has a basic Sky Package to point out a channel they regularly watch that is not listed above.

Not really. Im comparing different ways to view the same content (mostly).

You can watch the top channels that you receive on your sky package via a NowTV box for £6.99pm.

NowTV Entertainment Pass gives you:

Sky 1

Sky Arts

Sky Atlantic

Sky Living

Comedy Central

Discovery Channel

Disney Channel

Fox

Gold

ITV Encore

MTV

Nickelodeon

Nick Jr.

ABC Studios (On Demand)

I challenge anyone who has a basic Sky Package to point out a channel they regularly watch that is not listed above.

I couldn't comment - the basic package and Now tv is only slightly better than terrestrial.Neither of which are satisfactory to me.

I do however regularly watch SyFy (Movies)Dave(Mock the week and QI) and TCM(movies) (but i don't know if they are freeview or pay tv tbh)

However regardless of who watches what, you get twice as many pay channels on sky(30) Now (13) and up to 270 others to choose from.

So if Now offered twice as many channels would it still be £6.99? that was the point i was trying to make.

I'm not defending Sky it's a persons individual choice, i've heard of people streaming stuff from the internet and the reports about how crap it is. But if they want to watch the equivalent of pirate vhs then thats fine, but the cost doesn't match the content.