The Easter Rising, 1916.

No; and nor will they mention the Irish 'neutrality' (i.e. covert support for the Axis) of World War II.

That's a huge claim to make. Are you suggesting that because they didn't get involved they supported the Axis powers? Would you apply this reasoning to all the neutral countries?

That's a huge claim to make. Are you suggesting that because they didn't get involved they supported the Axis powers? Would you apply this reasoning to all the neutral countries?

Churchill offered de Valera Ulster (what he claimed to want) for joining the war and the speccy hitler hugging git refused.

Huge numbers of decent Irishmen fought and died for the Allies but the vile irish government were nazi stooges.

Churchill offered de Valera Ulster (what he claimed to want) for joining the war and the speccy hitler hugging git refused.

Huge numbers of decent Irishmen fought and died for the Allies but the vile irish government were nazi stooges.

I think it was the 'coastal walk' programme filmed in Ireland, that i watched last week where some Irish chap explained how 'markers,' were left on the hills round the west coast of Ireland to help guide US warplanes in WW2.

They were neutral, do you think all neutral governments were vile or do you have something against the Irish in particular?

Why is not going to war shameful Quik? Especially when you consider the rotten treatment the Irish had at the hands of Britain for centuries?

I take it you are an appologist for the filthy dog de Valera?

Many tens of thousands of real Irish men joined the British forces and fought nazism. They are the people to remember not that fascist rat.

I take it you are an appologist for the filthy dog de Valera?

Many tens of thousands of real Irish men joined the British forces and fought nazism. They are the people to remember not that fascist rat.

I am an apologist for no one. I am just asking you to explain your impassioned statements.

Why was it wrong for Ireland not to go to war, it would be helpful in your answer to touch on the point about the relationship between Ireland and the UK.

I am an apologist for no one. I am just asking you to explain your impassioned statements.

Why was it wrong for Ireland not to go to war, it would be helpful in your answer to touch on the point about the relationship between Ireland and the UK.

The irish government betrayed the irish people by failing to stand against hitler.

We managed to cooperate with stalin ffs, the issues around Anglo-irish squabbles (which had largely been sorted in 38 ) were nowt compared to that, as the real men of Ireland showed by enlisting in their tens of thousands in the British army.

De Valera was nazi scum pure and simple.

The irish government betrayed the irish people by failing to stand against hitler.

We managed to cooperate with stalin ffs, the issues around Anglo-irish squabbles (which had largely been sorted in 38 ) were nowt compared to that, as the real men of Ireland showed by enlisting in their tens of thousands in the British army.

De Valera was nazi scum pure and simple.

De Valera was not a member of the Nazi Party, it is a silly thing to say he was.

Staines was worse than Hitler, Churchill wasn't much better. Why do you think the Irish people were betrayed? Do you really think it would have been better for them to join the war?