Belachan Block?

I use pellet for paste, the pellets I use are super micros the smallest pellets I've seen.

I measure an amount of pellet from a small tub then two measures of the same tub full of water. When all the water is soaked by the pellets I put a tube of Anchovy paste then work it into a paste with a fork.

As for salt or yeast I have no idea, perhaps Carp boys would advise on this.

I can see the reasoning with salt, though it must be ROCK salt (table and sea salt have had most of their natural minerals taken out of them). I've never heard of adding yeast though. I can't see it being a binding agent as it dissolves in water, but it could be for its nutritional properties.

Chaps, thanks for the comments, one last question please.

I have a bag of expander pellets, never used before and don't own a pump, they were in some gear I bought off an old chap. Can I use expander pellets for paste, would I need to soak in boiling water then add any additions (gelatine, chilli or other flavours ), thanks in advance.

I had an operation this week which is leaving me off work for around 5 weeks so when I feel a little better I am going to start experimenting maki g up some different pastes and if they look OK I may try a session down Charnock or Bradley's

• 4 weeks later...

Just a word of warning on using Belachan Block, I used it for the first time the other day, cooked some meat in the stuff, OMG, it absolutely stinks, nearly made me puke, also stunk the house out for days.

My advice would be to just use a grater (outside). the one saving grace was I did catch on the super stinking meat

• 2 months later...