The end of the world is nigh.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-35911017

Listening to this woman's unfounded comments you would think that if the UK left the EU that the world will end, that youngsters would no longer be able to step foot in to any other part of Europe.

Wht a load of ill informed twaddle.

It would appear that the government are telling the heads of each department to put their slant on why we should stay in the EU.

She would need to explain in detail how mass immigration has benefited and will continue to benefit British youngsters before I could take her seriously.

It just looks like more of the same unfounded scaremongering to me.

And your first sentence about mass immigration is definitely not the usual stance of people that seem to think that's the only reason we should exit the EU. And that it's the only issue.

And your first sentence about mass immigration is definitely not the usual stance of people that seem to think that's the only reason we should exit the EU. And that it's the only issue.

No its not the only reason but it is a very important issues and high up the list for most people that want to leave. Its the one issue that if they had controlled immigration with significantly fewer numbers we wouldn't even be debating Brexit or having a referendum.

You realise that free movement and the ability to be employed throughout the zone works both ways?
You may not expect an answer discussing the point on the merits, I'm afraid.

I've raised substantially the same point about substantially the same issues befalling sun-loving Brit retirees in Spain, France and similar EU locales a few times already in similar threads.

So far, still without much of a constructive reply from the 'out' camp.

(...I mean, other than the usual wavy hand argument that "they've got loadsamoney, they won't get chucked"...conveniently but disingenuously ignoring the withdrawal of local free social care and healthcare consequential to a Brexit and so the added cost of same, to say nothing of local visa rules applying to non-EU immigrants becoming relevant as well).

Nicky Morgan uses a needlessly alarming rethoric, for sure. Fundamentally though, she's not far wrong. Considering the current state of funding for higher level education in the UK, no more EU funding & ERASMUS opportunities for Brit students would be a big deal with farther ranging effects than most realise.

And that's not mentioning the potential socio-economic fallout, short- to medium-term, of a Brexit which, if it materialises, would definitely impact the UK's education budget for a few years at best. That should all be quantifiable risk (within min-max ranges), so I'm hoping Whitehall and No.11 have already crunched the numbers ready-just-in-case.

Edited by L00b

You realise that free movement and the ability to be employed throughout the zone works both ways?

Yes I am fully aware of that thanks.

---------- Post added 29-03-2016 at 13:05 ----------

You may not expect an answer discussing the point on the merits, I'm afraid.

I've raised substantially the same point about substantially the same issues befalling sun-loving Brit retirees in Spain, France and similar EU locales a few times already in similar threads.

So far, still without much of a constructive reply from the 'out' camp.

How do British retirees moving to Spain make life better for our youngsters?

It's also possible to impose restrictions on immigration whilst remaining in the European Economic Area.

How do British retirees moving to Spain make life better for our youngsters?
Nice strawman :)

You're not expecting an answer to it, are you?

It's also possible to impose restrictions on immigration whilst remaining in the European Economic Area.
Like Switzerland and Norway have? :lol: