The end of the world is nigh.

Ok, convince me. Provide some economic research that backs up your optimism.

You can't be convinced and any attempt would be futile, just as there is nothing you could say that will convince me that we are better off in. You can't produce any evidence to support your stance that in is best and I can't produce anything that will convince you that out is best.

According to the in camp we won't need them anyway because all the jobs will disappear over night. Its just scaremongering and no one believes it.

Have you considered that jobs might disappear because the intellectual capacity of corporations disappears? I recently spoke to someone that consulted for AstraZeneca, they closed the majority of their research capability here, moving it to Sweden and the States instead.

It didn't please George Osborne too much, 7% of his constituents in Tatton, Cheshire were employed by AstraZeneca. Not to mention the suppliers.

Once companies like that feel it is too much hassle to find talent in the UK you start a trickle that will end up with a flood-gate. The top of the UK economy is almost entirely floating on the quality of the HE sector and the ability to attract top-talent to live in places that are interesting when you have enough money (London).

What you are saying is - tough, it won't happen anyway, but when you would take the time to actually talk to someone like Boris Johnson you will soon find that he is definitely NOT going the route you propose. It would cost him his fanbase in London and he isn't the only influencer who knows that.

Have you considered that jobs might disappear because the intellectual capacity of corporations disappears? I recently spoke to someone that consulted for AstraZeneca, they closed the majority of their research capability here, moving it to Sweden and the States instead.

It didn't please George Osborne too much, 7% of his constituents in Tatton, Cheshire were employed by AstraZeneca. Not to mention the suppliers.

They did this despite us being in the EU so not much use being in.

Once companies like that feel it is too much hassle to find talent in the UK you start a trickle that will end up with a flood-gate. The top of the UK economy is almost entirely floating on the quality of the HE sector and the ability to attract top-talent to live in places that are interesting when you have enough money (London).

What you are saying is - tough, it won't happen anyway, but when you would take the time to actually talk to someone like Boris Johnson you will soon find that he is definitely NOT going the route you propose. It would cost him his fanbase in London and he isn't the only influencer who knows that.

Businesses should set up were the talent and employees are located, if that's in another country I don't have an issue with it. It would be much better for the Romanians if business set up shop in Romania instead of expecting the Romanians to move here.

Edited by sutty27

You can't be convinced and any attempt would be futile, just as there is nothing you could say that will convince me that we are better off in. You can't produce any evidence to support your stance that in is best and I can't produce anything that will convince you that out is best.

I don't have to produce anything. I'm arguing for a known situation that will continue.

The onus is on the Brexit campaign to provide compelling research.

I don't have to produce anything. I'm arguing for a known situation that will continue.

The onus is on the Brexit campaign to provide compelling research.

The known is that the EU is a sinking ship, and you want to stay on it because you fear jumping.

If you was locked in a cell with three meals a day, would you take the chance of freedom with some risk or stay put.

Edited by sutty27

The known is that the EU is a sinking ship, and you want to stay on it because you fear jumping.

If you was locked in a cell with three meals a day, would you take the chance of freedom with some risk or stay put.

Is it sinking though? And even if it did sink we could just jump off.

They did this despite us being in the EU so not much use being in.

My example shows the effect of brainpower moving out of the country, either by choice or because a corporation decides it has to in order to remain competitive. I am not sure how I can make that any clearer.

Businesses should set up were the talent and employees are located, if that's in another country I don't have an issue with it. It would be much better for the Romanians if business set up shop in Romania instead of expecting the Romanians to move here.

Businesses should set up where it is best for them to do business. An attractive employment situation is one factor in that package.

Yes, getting in the life boat is safer than jumping at the last minute.

What about if you jumped too early and the ship didn't actually sink? Surely you'd have been better off waiting to see what was going to happen before you jumped.