The end of the world is nigh.

Not if our economy shrinks. If our economy shrinks we'll probably spend less on the military.

---------- Post added 01-04-2016 at 15:46 ----------

You're wrong. Posted earlier but in case you missed it:

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/peter-sutherland-the-brexiteers-magical-thinking-on-global-trade-1.2592486

I have no interest in the blatherings of that disgusting anti British excuse for a human being.

I have no interest in the blatherings of that disgusting anti British excuse for a human being.

He's telling the truth though, and you know it.

---------- Post added 01-04-2016 at 17:54 ----------

Yep must be nice in Kensington, ask him if he thinks the same after living in Page Hall for a year.

Do you live in Page Hall?

---------- Post added 01-04-2016 at 18:00 ----------

You would be surprised, they have strict immigration rules because they don't want a flood of immigrants turning up, and even though they have access to the EU market they don't follow the rules set by the EU.

Actually, reading up on this I got it wrong.

Part of the reason Greenland wanted to leave the EU was because it wanted MORE immigration.

"We would like to work for a quick takeover of the responsibility for immigration and for immigration legislation. We want to do this because we expect a major labour shortage. For this reason we will welcome foreigners who want to work in this country.”

#Icenews http://www.icenews.is/2009/01/16/greenland-wants-control-of-its-immigration/#ixzz44axCzT3

How are you going to talk your way out of this? :hihi:

Edited by I1L2T3

Part of the reason Greenland wanted to leave the EU was because it wanted MORE immigration.

"We would like to work for a quick takeover of the responsibility for immigration and for immigration legislation. We want to do this because we expect a major labour shortage. For this reason we will welcome foreigners who want to work in this country.”

#Icenews http://www.icenews.is/2009/01/16/greenland-wants-control-of-its-immigration/#ixzz44axCzT3

You have just proven the point I made that they have control of their immigration policy, they can take as many or as few as they like, we can't because we are members of the EU, after Brexit we will be in the same boat as Greenland able to take as many or as few as we like whilst still trading with the EU along with the rest of the world.

You have just proven the point I made that they have control of their immigration policy, they can take as many or as few as they like, we can't because we are members of the EU, after Brexit we will be in the same boat as Greenland able to take as many or as few as we like whilst still trading with the EU along with the rest of the world.

You are assuming the Brexiters want less non-EU immigration. You could be wrong.

You are assuming the Brexiters want less non-EU immigration. You could be wrong.

I don't assume anything, once out its down to the elected government and if they ignore the wishes of the majority they stand less chance of getting power at the next election.

Rubbish. Outside the EU we can negotiate based on British needs, not on a hodge podge based on the needs of the Bulgarian tobacco lobby, French wine cartels and Italian organised criminals.

Negotiating en bloc is weak for the individual nations interests as it multiplys required compromise.

So extending your argument, Yorkshire would get a better deal if it wasn't part of the UK. No need to compromise with the needs of Manchester, London, Birmingham and Scotland anymore.

And then Sheffield could get a better deal if it was outside Yorkshire.

And then Hillsborough could get a better deal if it wasn't part of Sheffield.

Do you see how stupid that argument looks now?

So extending your argument, Yorkshire would get a better deal if it wasn't part of the UK. No need to compromise with the needs of Manchester, London, Birmingham and Scotland anymore.

It only looks stupid because you presented it in a stupid way.

The UK would still be part of Europe but not governed by it.

Probably way London and England's largest cities join to call for greater devolution to drive economic growth.

What's good for one city might not be good for another city.

I see how stupid your argument looks but thats not the argument I was making.

The nation state is the sensible level on which to negotiate trade agreements with an accountable democratic government taking into account the needs of its various regions.

Why do you think there are seperate trade agreements between the EU and Mexico, EU and Canada and laterly TTIP with the US in the pipeline when following your approach they would all be better under a NAFTA - EU deal? Because they want different things and it was in their national interests to negotiate seperate deals rather than a compromised muddle that suits none of them.

Edited by Quik

According to this... http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/dispatches/2009/10/the_suicide_capital_of_the_world.html It doesn't seem like the happiest place on earth. Poverty, Alcoholism, high suicide rates and lots of incest...On ya way Sutty.:D