The end of the world is nigh.

Was you now...so what was my strawman?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Can credibility be measured in negative integers? Yes, yes it can.

The topic is about parents and grand parents being asked to vote stay because apparently leaving won't be good for our youngsters.

Old people living in Spain benefits old people, how does it benefits young people?

Liechtenstein is European Free Trade Association members, but they only issue 56 residence permits to EEA citizens each year and you must have a job.

Edited by sutty27

The topic is about parents and grand parents being asked to vote stay because apparently leaving won't be good for our youngsters.

Old people living in Spain benefits old people, how does it benefits young people?

Less old people clogging up Crystal Peaks. See thread in the Sheffield section.

Less old people clogging up Crystal Peaks. See thread in the Sheffield section.

If they are clogging up Spain instead of Crystal peaks it means the money they spend is generating employment is Spain and not in the UK, the very jobs that our young people need, so our youngsters will benefit from our oldies staying here to spend their money, and the competition for those jobs staying in which ever country they came from.

If they are clogging up Spain instead of Crystal peaks it means the money they spend is generating employment is Spain and not in the UK, the very jobs that our young people need, so our youngsters will benefit from our oldies staying here to spend their money, and the competition for those jobs staying in which ever country they came from.

SPEND?!?!? Since when do pensioner spend anything? Aren't they just going there to avoid putting the heating on at home? I will be honest and from a purely financial perspective, I highly doubt many pensioners really add anything to our economy. Before everyone jumps down my throat, I did say PURELY financial...possibly they free up a parent from either giving up work by acting as a childminder, but then you've removed a source of income for a childminder so a bit of a catch-22.

SPEND?!?!? Since when do pensioner spend anything? Aren't they just going there to avoid putting the heating on at home? I will be honest and from a purely financial perspective, I highly doubt many pensioners really add anything to our economy. Before everyone jumps down my throat, I did say PURELY financial...possibly they free up a parent from either giving up work by acting as a childminder, but then you've removed a source of income for a childminder so a bit of a catch-22.

You are thinking about to poor pensioners that are still here and not the rich pensioners that are living and spending money in Spain.

But in many cases childminders are funded by government giving out free money to parents that want to work, we would save a fortune if grandparents did the work for free or a small fee, instead of government paying for childminders.

Indeed.

Old British people living in Spain whilst the UK remains an EU Member State benefits old British people, how does it benefits young people?
I've restored all the bits which you left out of context to build your strawman.

Ain't I nice that way? :)

Liechtenstein is European Free Trade Association members, but they only issue 56 residence permits to EEA citizens each year and you must have a job.
...until 1998, when the transitional provisions granted to Lichtenstein in 1995 under Protocol 15 (Article 5–7) of the EEA agreement ended.

According to Eurostat, the immigrant population of Lichtenstein in 2013 stood at 7,000 of which 76% was foreign and 29.5% was non-EU. Considering the local cost of living, I expect they're mostly top flight private bankers, asset managers and their customers. Basically, Kensington-on-the-Alps :hihi:

With 76% immigration I'd have thought the place would give immigration-bashing Brexiters sheet-soaking nightmares! :o

Add a few more negative integers to your credibility.

Edited by L00b

You realise that free movement and the ability to be employed throughout the zone works both ways?

"Ability to be employed" is the key phrase here. I'm not sure how an immigrant can support himself/herself (and family) if they have no means to do so and unable to get or sustain regular employment, the terms of which should be part of a work visa.

"Ability to be employed" is the key phrase here. I'm not sure how an immigrant can support himself/herself (and family) if they have no means to do so and unable to get or sustain regular employment, the terms of which should be part of a work visa.
For non-EU migrants, they are in the UK. Have been since 2008:
If you are applying under Tier 2 or Tier 5 you must have a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS). If you are applying under Tier 4 you must have a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). If you do not have either a certificate of sponsorship or a confirmation of acceptance for studies you may not have enough points to pass this tool, but you can still use it to calculate your points.

If you are a national of a country from within the European Economic Area (EEA) you do not need to apply to work in the UK.

(link)

For EU migrants, they are not yet, but that is part and parcel of what Cameron negotiated out of Merkel...sorry, Tusk and Juncker last month.

Same as they are not yet for Brits emigrating to the EU...but will be, in keeping with the above.

And if the UK brexits, then the above-linked PBS (in its distinct and respective guise, as independently implemented by each EU member state under its own national legislation about non-EU immigration) will become the norm for any Brit of any age emigrating to Spain, France <etc.>. I've looked at the Spanish visa system and posted about it a while back...it's more complex and harsher than the Brit system, let it be said. Perhaps unsurprisingly, since Spain is not exactly rocketing back up economically.

...unless, that is, the UK then integrates the EEA. In which case, by the evidence of more-readily comparable countries than Lichtenstein, i.e. Norway and Switzerland, it would effectively revert back to the current situation, having resolutely and firmly cut its nose to spite its face about the topic of EU-borne economical migration.

Edited by L00b