The end of the world is nigh.

The topic is about parents and grand parents being asked to vote stay because apparently leaving won't be good for our youngsters.

Old people living in Spain benefits old people, how does it benefits young people?

Liechtenstein is European Free Trade Association members, but they only issue 56 residence permits to EEA citizens each year and you must have a job.

Considering the age-divide that runs practically in the middle of the in and out camps that isn't an odd thing to do.

What annoys me tremendously about politicians in this country is that they feel it is necessary to speak in absolutes, frequently resorting to idiotic statements that are utterly hollow. Apparently the British audience is too dumb to understand nuance?

Indeed.

I've restored all the bits which you left out of context to build your strawman.

Ain't I nice that way? :)

...until 1998, when the transitional provisions granted to Lichtenstein in 1995 under Protocol 15 (Article 5–7) of the EEA agreement ended.

According to Eurostat, the immigrant population of Lichtenstein in 2013 stood at 7,000 of which 76% was foreign and 29.5% was non-EU. Considering the local cost of living, I expect they're mostly top flight private bankers, asset managers and their customers. Basically, Kensington-on-the-Alps :hihi:

With 76% immigration I'd have thought the place would give immigration-bashing Brexiters sheet-soaking nightmares! :o

Add a few more negative integers to your credibility.

The relevant bit is that they are able to restrict the free movement of people from within the EU despite being a European Free Trade Association member.

The relevant bit is that they are able to restrict the free movement of people from within the EU despite being a European Free Trade Association member.
Show me your evidence.

In the meantime, since the transitional provisions invoked by Lichtenstein to temporarily limit immigration ended in 1998, and on the evidence of the recent official statistics which I linked, you leave me no choice but to call your post pure unadulterated BS.

EDIT: I came across this from pro-Brexit anti-immigration source (no less!) and I'm afraid I couldn't resist:

Liechtenstein is the world's sixth smallest country, with a population of just 37,129. The country, whose name means "bright stone" in German, has the highest gross domestic product per person in the world, when adjusted by purchasing power parity, and an unemployment rate of about 2 percent. While Liechtenstein was once one of the poorer nations in Europe, now some 20,000 Swiss and Austrians commute into Liechtenstein for work each weekday. Many live outside the country because land is scarce in Liechtenstein and prices are high. Others simply cannot get residency permits, let alone citizenship.
(link)

"they are able to restrict the free movement of people from within the EU"...so they import over 50% of their total population in EEA and EU workers everyday. PMSL! :lol:

Edited by L00b

Considering the age-divide that runs practically in the middle of the in and out camps that isn't an odd thing to do.

What annoys me tremendously about politicians in this country is that they feel it is necessary to speak in absolutes, frequently resorting to idiotic statements that are utterly hollow. Apparently the British audience is too dumb to understand nuance?

Iits not an odd thing to do, but it is a very dishonest thing to do.

Iits not an odd thing to do, but it is a very dishonest thing to do.

Well no, it isn't. Apart from how she delivered it, it is perfectly acceptable to point out that this divide exists and it makes sense to appeal to older generations to consider the position of those that are the future of our country. After all, they are the ones who will be left longest with the negative impact (should one occur).

The Tories play this game all the time but then the other way around btw, old people vote, give them lots of freebies, save them from savage cuts and retain their vote.

Show me your evidence.

In the meantime, since the transitional provision invoke by Lichtenstein to temporarily limit immigration ended in 1998, and on the evidence of the recent official statistics which I linked, you leave me no choice but to call your post pure unadulterated BS.

Unfortunately I am not permitted to post links which prove my point, doing so will likely result in another ban.

From the EU website, dated 16/03/2016

However, some EU citizens still need a work permit to become an employee in certain EU countries.

Liechtenstein imposes quotas that limit the number of people who can work and live there. This quota system applies to nationals of all EU countries, Norway and Iceland.

Edited by sutty27

Unfortunately I am not permitted to post links which prove my point, doing so will likely result in another ban.

If your links are from sites that linking to would encourage a ban then I'd surely question the source...the Daily Mail may get your sniggered at, but it won't get you banned...

Well no, it isn't. Apart from how she delivered it, it is perfectly acceptable to point out that this divide exists and it makes sense to appeal to older generations to consider the position of those that are the future of our country. After all, they are the ones who will be left longest with the negative impact (should one occur).

The Tories play this game all the time but then the other way around btw, old people vote, give them lots of freebies, save them from savage cuts and retain their vote.

Its odd/dishonest to claim out that youngsters will be the ones to suffer when in reality youngsters are the ones that will benefit the most from leaving.

---------- Post added 29-03-2016 at 14:51 ----------

If your links are from sites that linking to would encourage a ban then I'd surely question the source...the Daily Mail may get your sniggered at, but it won't get you banned...

The links were all mainstream media sources, eg BBC.

Its odd/dishonest to claim out that youngsters will be the ones to suffer when in reality youngsters are the ones that will benefit the most from leaving.

---------- Post added 29-03-2016 at 14:51 ----------

The links were all mainstream media sources, eg BBC.

And they got you banned? :loopy:

And they got you banned? :loopy:

You should go and ask the help desk, I tried but it didn't work.

End of discussion on this because that will also likely result in ban.

I just felt that it is important that you know that I am willing to post evidence which supports my position but I am not permitted.