What Is A Digital Nomad?

Iv seen this term knocked about on the Internet what is it is their any digital normads on here?

If you make your living using the internet it means you can move around and still earn money no matter where you are, this would make you a Digital Nomad.

Iv seen this term knocked about on the Internet what is it is their any digital normads on here?

I would count. I can make my living from anywhere where there is a decent internet connection and my laptop. I just choose to have an office so work/home life is more clearly delineated.

I would count. I can make my living from anywhere where there is a decent internet connection and my laptop. I just choose to have an office so work/home life is more clearly delineated.

You wouldn't really count because you don't take the option :) But it is indeed someone who travels and works digitally. A cousin of mine did this for a while, and technically counts as one still. His Dutch company was taken over by a US company, they proceeded to get rid of all his colleagues but keep him on as a developer. He works from his flat in the Netherlands (mostly night-times) but also goes on nice trips for a few months each year. Most recently he spent a month in Morocco, rented a house with a sea-view and broadband - employer paid for the whole thing, they call it a booster-month.

I am well jealous...

You wouldn't really count because you don't take the option :)

I do, but not the "full" option as in a digital hobo... but I can easily work from any office with internet (and ideally a decent phone or mobile signal). There's no assurance that you can arrive at my official office and find me there.

To me the real mark of a digital nomad is if you are talking to them you cannot tell if they are in the office, somewhere on the road or wherever... and being so doesn't affect their productivity or ability at all.