Budget tyres vs Premium tyres

Get remolds they will outlive the 1 year MOT. So you are looking at £30 per tire. x 4 = £120. Simple!!

---------- Post added 24-08-2014 at 00:38 ----------

Are branded tyres worth the extra cost?

Will my car go faster if I have go faster stripes?!?!

Edited by skat man

Branded tyres are same as designer cloth. Its for the dumb weak minded people who think well know equal better

Best go tell all those Veyron owners that have special tyres made for the car that they would in fact be fine with a set of Fulda tyres. They'll be OK at over 200mph.

If they were so dangerous they wouldn't sell them. The stopping distances in the dry at 70mph were:

Goodyear Optigrip – 53.4 metres

Ovation VI-182 – 53.4 metres

ArrowSpeed CP661 – 53.9 metres

It's the wet performance that you want to look at for safety, you'll see bigger differences there.

This new EU tyre rating looks good & useful. Use it.

The diference between stopping before hitting that child or not?

It always makes me laugh when people go on about more expensive tyres being the difference when actually they add little weight to stopping distances.

What does though is having passengers and car type.

If your driving is that bad that a few feet is going to make the difference then buy a fast car.Fast cars stop far far quicker than run of the mill boxes.

And keep your family and friends out because they can nearly double your stopping distances :)

As long as the speed rating is correct .whats the problem

I'd love to see how long a Fullrun tyre would last at 250mph+ compared to the ones that are made for the car. My guess is they'd disintegrate quite quickly.

I guess you'd say that about rally cars, BTCC etc. They're just tyres after all. No point using branded ones suitable for a purpose because they're just the same as those cheap Chinese Fullrun ones.

As others pointed out, the wet stopping is usually appalling on cheaper tyres too. On Nexens I'd spin the wheels in 3rd in my car in the wet. On the Good Years I have now, I can't do it. Same speed rating.

Anybody used Hawleys tyres at Holme Lane? They are the only stockists of Vredestein in the area, I think, and as I like Vredesteins (used to only drive on them in the Netherlands) I'd like to use them.

Ive used them. They are good at what they do and prices are fair.