Crucible Youth Theatre - A History of

jubby

Hi everyone

I'm trying to build a record of the Crucible Youth Theatre with the hope of producing a book on the history of the the CYT.

Hardly anything is available in the Local Studies section of Sheffield Library and so far the archivist has found limited information/records in the Sheffield Theatre own archive.

I'm wanting people to get in contact or post on here if they have anything regarding the Crucible Youth Theatre.

This could be flyers, press cuttings, photo's etc. Any stories of the times there greatfully recieved as are any dates regarding productions (and roles if involved)

Thank you in advance.

I was involved, briefly, in 1985-86. The leader at the time was Jem (Jeremy, presumably, but I can't recall his full name now). The group used to meet in one of the warehouses near the canal basin and occasionally at the Crucible itself.

I remember taking part in a mini production, aimed at infant/early junior school-age children, for a children's festival in one of the Sheffield parks in the spring or early summer of 1986 (I'm sketchy on the dates). I recall next to nothing about it, although I do remember I played a post(wo)man and it involved some rather tuneless singing about not being selfish :hihi: .

• 2 weeks later...