Visit to Stratford Upon Avon

I am taking my girlfriend there for an evening and staying over on her birthday. She is a fan of Shakespeare. hence the choice, I have looked online for some quirky and cool things to do there, but I wouldn't mind hearing from anyone who has been for a day on what things they got up to/found?

Personally don't know a great deal about Shakespeare, something I only did in school, but I'm not against learning anything new.

Shakespeare's house of course, but their are also a few walking tours with a guide, they're usually very informative, and, get the right guide, and they can be hilarious. The Swan Theatre (usually doing classics or Shakespeare) is a good night out too if you like that kind of thing.

Thanks! I have checked at the RSC already unfortunately there's nothing available on our stay, her favorite show The Tempest is not on till November, but even then there is nothing available unfortunately.

I have seen his house which I think we will definitely do and the tours sound like a good idea. Love the idea of the gondola did not know that was a possibility

I've only been in Stratford for work in recent years so I can't suggest anything touristy.

As for meals, I've enjoyed eating good pub food at Encore (very close to the Avon bridge) and Aladdins (curry house) on Main St, Tiddington, a short drive from the centre.