How would a right wing person help the poor/needy?

I'm frankly disgusted with this thread . I'm sure some posters would have felt right at home in the Third Reich.

I think some posters on here would've accused the Third Reich of being middle class do gooding hand wringers :suspect:

I'm disabled and pay a mortgage on very little money. Exactly how many luxuries do you think I have?

The whole reason that I don't work is because I was unable to go to work when I did work, and then I got more ill and both doctors and employers suggested that I wasn't likely to improve enough to be able to return.

For the record I neither drink nor smoke and buy most of my clothing and house goods second hand already. Last week I had to think carefully about when I could afford to buy a bunch of daffodils for my mum, who is in hospital.

---------- Post added 29-03-2016 at 21:08 ----------

One would hope that only people who are able to do a job are employed to do it, thus making all employees who are employed to do a particular job equal.

You are working right now so you are clearly able to do something, but I did say everyone would be assessed and if it is determined during that assessment you can't do anything at all, your need would still be met by the state.

---------- Post added 29-03-2016 at 21:24 ----------

One would hope that only people who are able to do a job are employed to do it, thus making all employees who are employed to do a particular job equal.

Two people working for the same employer and doing the same job, employee A can makes 100 items a day, employee B makes 500 of the same item each day, employee B makes more profit for the company so should be paid more than employee A.

Of course they are! But being disabled doesn't mean that people are an less able to do the role they were selected for. I think paying people differently for being disabled is against the law anyway. And quite rightly too.

It may be law but paying someone a piece rate, and they were able to work twice as fast as another person, then why should that person not be paid more?

Of course they are! But being disabled doesn't mean that people are an less able to do the role they were selected for. I think paying people differently for being disabled is against the law anyway. And quite rightly too.

They would be wrong on so many levels, but paying people differently based on the amount of work they do isn't wrong.

---------- Post added 29-03-2016 at 21:27 ----------

Of course I would, but the sort of jobs that most people are referring to here are not high powered jobs which can have performance related pay attached. If you're making it a rule that people have to do a job in order to be paid their benefits (irrelevant of disability and illness) then one would hope that you would be duty bound to both ensure that the job was one that the applicant could do, and also that they had enough money to eat at the end of the week.

That goes without saying.

You are working right now so you are clearly able to do something, but I did say everyone would be assessed and if it is determined during that assessment you can't do anything at all, your need would still be met by the state.

I'm awake right now, but I wanted to be awake this morning and it didn't happen despite two alarm clocks (including one which has a strobe light and a vibrating pad under my pillow) and a german shepherd barking to try to wake me. I woke up late afternoon after going to sleep just after midnight last night- how would you suggest I plan any sort of working day?

Yes, I'm intelligent. Yes, I'm qualified (to the point of doing a second degree and requalifying since I was first ill because I knew I wouldn't be able to do my original career any more) but I'm now definitely too immobile to do any of the things for which I'm qualified.

I work here as a volunteer when I'm awake enough to do it. Can you really see any employer being OK with my working hours being 10pm until midnight one day and then just over lunch a couple of days later? Really?

---------- Post added 29-03-2016 at 21:24 ----------

Two people working for the same employer and doing the same job, employee A can makes 100 items a day, employee B makes 500 of the same item each day, employee B makes more profit for the company so should be paid more than employee A.

I disagree with this.

Yes it has some very basic logic when put like that - but the reality is far different in the real world. And besides which I'd hate to part of a society that judged disabled people in such an over critical way. It's cruel and unnecessary.

It may be law but paying someone a piece rate, and they were able to work twice as fast as another person, then why should that person not be paid more?

Which completely makes the argument that one cannot expect people to try to do a job in order to 'pay' them their benefits and then pay them a piece rate irrespective of their abilities.

If they're up to doing the job and are putting in their time then they are entitled to fair wage for the time they are doing the job you told them to do.

I'm awake right now, but I wanted to be awake this morning and it didn't happen despite two alarm clocks (including one which has a strobe light and a vibrating pad under my pillow) and a german shepherd barking to try to wake me. I woke up late afternoon after going to sleep just after midnight last night- how would you suggest I plan any sort of working day?

Yes, I'm intelligent. Yes, I'm qualified (to the point of doing a second degree and requalifying since I was first ill because I knew I wouldn't be able to do my original career any more) but I'm now definitely too immobile to do any of the things for which I'm qualified.

I work here as a volunteer when I'm awake enough to do it. Can you really see any employer being OK with my working hours being 10pm until midnight one day and then just over lunch a couple of days later? Really?

I already explained that you wouldn't need to plan your day and you are clearly qualified to administer a website run by the council, working as a volunteer could also count towards your hours.

Your not the problem here its the narrow minded believe anything that ' call me Dave ' says after all he can no wrong.