How would a right wing person help the poor/needy?

It is because it is leaving you unable to understand what Richard and I are saying, if you had our abilities you would understand us.

No you're reading into text something he didn't say. - if he wanted to say what your saying he did, why didn't he just come out and say it?

There does seem to be a little bit of a pattern I've noticed in your debating style that when you're shown to be wrong you go through these twists in logic, and wish to engage in debates around semantics, and wriggle and writhe like a fish out of water. Anybody who wishes to look back at your posting history can find plenty of evidence of this.

Whether it's a desire to have the last word, to save face, or to prove something to yourself....who knows.

So back to the question- how would a right wing person help the needy?

We wouldn't. We'd stand and watch them starve to death. Whilst eating pork pie and quaffing champagne. Probably.

:hihi:

I got here early and said much the same thing back at post #2...

... long before the usual suspects arrived clutching their agendas. ;)

How have I got a disability?

I am aware that some see dyslexia as a gift, but that wasn't Branson's point, and you know it.

Right wingers do tend to site disabilities such as dyslexia when discussing these matters. Dyslexia is just the tip of the ice berg. Many of our 20% SEN in our schools, cannot even work in a charity shop.

Rich folk would not take kindly being served by some chav in M+S, we all want a better society, this is not a thread to pick on anyone.

Right wingers do tend to site disabilities such as dyslexia when discussing these matters. Dyslexia is just the tip of the ice berg. Many of our 20% SEN in our schools, cannot even work in a charity shop.

Rich folk would not take kindly being served by some chav in M+S, we all want a better society, this is not a thread to pick on anyone.

Well I wouldn't want to put all Tories in the same category as Philip Davies, the MP who suggested that disabled people should be paid less than those who aren't disabled....It was a Tory Government which introduced the Disability Discrimination Act (in spite of some whining from their own backbenchers).

I'd hope he had the common sense to ring me before hand and rearrange.
but if he needs that money that week to feed his kids, rearranging is not an option, he needs paying. Or are you saying people who have a recurring problem that flares up, should phone work, tell them they are not coming in and defer their salaries until they are back?

But we're talking about people with disabilities and not 'man flu', as well you know.
man-flu is not the crux of the post. Substitute it with Shingles, depression, ME, you name it

No you're reading into text something he didn't say. - if he wanted to say what your saying he did, why didn't he just come out and say it?

There does seem to be a little bit of a pattern I've noticed in your debating style that when you're shown to be wrong you go through these twists in logic, and wish to engage in debates around semantics, and wriggle and writhe like a fish out of water. Anybody who wishes to look back at your posting history can find plenty of evidence of this.

Whether it's a desire to have the last word, to save face, or to prove something to yourself....who knows.

Richard Branson's message to 9-year-old: Being dyslexic has helped me greatly in life

He said on his website: "I see my condition as a gift, not a disability. It has helped me learn the art of delegation, focus my skills, and work with incredible people."

Dear Honor,

Thanks for your delightful letter. It is so nice to receive a handwritten note that I thought I’d write one back! Also so glad to hear you enjoyed the videos.

Don’t ever let people put you down for being dyslexic. Being dyslexic is actually an advantage and has helped me greatly in life.

I look forward to hearing what great things you’ve achieved in life.

Best wishes to you and the family.

Much love, Richard Branson

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/leisure/11674697/Richard-Bransons-message-to-9-year-old-Being-dyslexic-has-helped-me-greatly-in-life.html

Dyslexia can certainly be an advantage. It's gives people coping strategies and can make them more intelligent by using these inherent strategies to solve problems. Branson is right. And very intelligent. And fabulously wealthy.

Slightly annoying though.

The ability to use a computer is a criterion, but alongside the ability to plan shifts, be in attendance for a full shift, being able to travel to work if needed and hundreds of other criteria.

Simply by being able to use a computer (with whatever kit is necessary to make this possible) in your own home is a sign that you have the desire to communicate with the outside world, not that you're capable of working. If the ability to be able to use a computer was proof that you were able to work that would leave my friend who can't speak or use his hands but can punch out individual letters using an antenna worn on a band around his head being labelled as fit for work.

and

They don't work from home just by using a computer. They are also able to plan their shifts, stick to a timetable, communicate freely with employers and a whole load of other things AND use a computer. They also, quite probably, had to attend somewhere for at least two interviews to get the job, attend somewhere for training for that job (both at appointed hours and days as dictated by the employer) and then also attend for seasonal or ongoing training sessions at the workplace too.

While they were present for training, they would be using computers which are probably not set up for their own needs and learn programs which may or may not be suitable for use with their own accessibility kit

not picking on you as such, an maybe an extreme, but personal example.

My 15 year old has a mental disability/condition (depending how you see it)

He works on a computer from his bedroom, while attending school full time. Next year when he is 16 he will have to pay tax. His earnings could support him if something happened to us.

What does he do?

Ebay trading, graphic illustrator, web designer, software developer, programmer. Like I say, all done in his own time, when it suits. He learnt it all himself, from on-line tutorials, forums, u-tube etc. He finds work by posting ads online and within hours has a choice of commissions.

I don't remember him saying he won't be able to work when he leaves school, in fact the 2 years study to 18 is going to be hindrance to him going full time.

It has certainly opened my eyes, as in his younger days, we didn't think he would complete school in the normal manner due to behaviour issues.

Older people (me included) spend too much time thinking about the barriers - younger ones just do it

and

not picking on you as such, an maybe an extreme, but personal example.

My 15 year old has a mental disability/condition (depending how you see it)

He works on a computer from his bedroom, while attending school full time. Next year when he is 16 he will have to pay tax. His earnings could support him if something happened to us.

What does he do?

Ebay trading, graphic illustrator, web designer, software developer, programmer. Like I say, all done in his own time, when it suits. He learnt it all himself, from on-line tutorials, forums, u-tube etc. He finds work by posting ads online and within hours has a choice of commissions.

I don't remember him saying he won't be able to work when he leaves school, in fact the 2 years study to 18 is going to be hindrance to him going full time.

It has certainly opened my eyes, as in his younger days, we didn't think he would complete school in the normal manner due to behaviour issues.

Older people (me included) spend too much time thinking about the barriers - younger ones just do it

OK, so to be an Ebay trader would involve getting lots of things wrapped and out to the post office- yes? Have you tried wrapping stuff or putting it into envelopes one handed? I have someone come in to help me with things like dressing and changing bed linen. It would also involve being self employed, which would leave me without any sort of safety net and in a position that if I couldn't make it work I would have no way of eating and paying the bills.

I don't have the skills to be a graphic illustrator, programmer or web designer. I am a fully trained biochemist, I've got skills in running clinical trials, I'm a qualified teacher of adults in further education- but nobody yet has been able to find a way for me to use any of these from my own home for a couple of hours a day to earn enough money to pay the mortgage.

I had lots of skills before I was ill. I fitted my own kitchen and did all my own DIY including plastering and welding (when I had a working back and two functioning arms) and I could have earned lots of money as a musician. I also could knit, sew, make lace and build/maintain internal combustion engines.

I had to give up ALL of these things because of my illness and increasing disability. Since being ill I have sought assistance in returning to the workplace from a whole selection of people who help people with disabilities get and stay in work but in the last decade they have failed to find any way around my problems, and I'm inclined to believe them more than you, to be honest.

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 18:58 ----------

My argument is; all this (expensive) medical input has gone into finding out if you're fit enough to work, (you're not,) yet I'm willing to bet not a fraction of this time, effort and medical expertise has gone into helping with your condition, which is what the NHS is supposed to be for.

And I might be wrong, but doesn't this have to be repeated every two years and you have to start proving yourself all over again?

The NHS is supposed to spend its scarce resources helping people's health, not hounding them and making them worse.

I spent a good few years trying to find a way back into work in a very intensive way, and the results were disastrous to my mental health when I failed repeatedly to be able to even stay awake long enough to work from home.

I'm very lucky that before I was ill I insured part of my income, so I have had a much more comfortable existence than many people with disabilities, but in trying to get fit enough to work I also ended up causing huge damage to my strong knee, meaning that I now am in constant pain from that as well as my back and arm.

The NHS has looked after me very well and I really cannot complain about that at all. The utter waste of the repeated medicals just to review what has been provided to them already in writing and previous medicals is another matter though. Multiply up how many times people with genetic issues, amputations, other things which cannot possibly improve over time have been put through the checks and paperwork and it must add up to an impressive sum.

Clearly someone in power believes that there is enough to be saved by pursuing people in this way, but I have yet to see any statistics which show that the introduction of so many layers of inquisition has produced any saving overall.

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 19:02 ----------

Sorry but many just use the computer and they use it as and when they feel like it. Many don't even stay in one place because their computer sets them free, they can use it anywhere in the world to make money.

Well aren't they lucky that they can use their computer anywhere in the world? I would imagine that they either applied or tendered for any jobs that they have though.