How would a right wing person help the poor/needy?

No, the assessment would determine the amount of work you are capable of doing, if you are only awake for 2 hours a day you would clearly be unable to do any work.

I'm nominally awake (i.e. not actually in bed) for more than 2 hours a day, but that doesn't mean that I'm alert enough to hold a conversation, eat, drink or interact with any sort of technology for any longer than that.

On Saturday the alarm did wake me, and I got up, came down to my recliner and then fell asleep for another 6 hours, waking up at about 5pm, thus missing the 4pm visit I had hoped to make to a friend's house. I then spent about 2 hours trying to come round enough to have breakfast, and then another couple of hours having a shower (resting because of the pain) but I didn't bother getting dressed because by then we were approaching bed time.

They are not being judged, I want to given them the opportunity to take part in the work force, I have a disabled friend and he would jump at the chance of any kind of employment instead of just being given money and dumped on the scrap heap.

But they are. I don't want people to be judged on the how much output they can produce like they're factory fodder. We're not in the 19th Century anyway - we should be moving to a society based on inclusion, and looking at what people can do.

The idea that disabled people should be paid less for being disabled is a vile idea. You might think there is nothing wrong with paying people less because they are disabled - but how would people with disabilities feel? Yes you've got a friend who's disabled who wants the chance to work - well help him get that work. But not on the basis of someone taking pity, that's demeaning. Would you want your friend to be treated like that?

I'm nominally awake (i.e. not actually in bed) for more than 2 hours a day, but that doesn't mean that I'm alert enough to hold a conversation, eat, drink or interact with any sort of technology for any longer than that.

On Saturday the alarm did wake me, and I got up, came down to my recliner and then fell asleep for another 6 hours, waking up at about 5pm, thus missing the 4pm visit I had hoped to make to a friend's house. I then spent about 2 hours trying to come round enough to have breakfast, and then another couple of hours having a shower (resting because of the pain) but I didn't bother getting dressed because by then we were approaching bed time.

So the assessment would probably determine that you can't work or that you could only work a couple of hours a week.

Yep it must be easy.

As I say there are laws to protect people from the Gradgrinds of this country, and a good thing too.

I always treat people the way I'd like to be treated - you should too , because if you became seriously disabled would you want to be treated like a second class citizen?

So. If you needed some help with something. Say moving an item of furniture and you phone "man-with-a-van" he turns up and says he's got man-flu and he can't do the lifting, but he'd like paying anyway. Would you stump up the £120 he was demanding?

So the assessment would probably determine that you can't work or that you could only work a couple of hours a week.

Multiple assessments (ESA, DLA, Incapacity Benefit, medicals for my employers, medicals for my Permanent Health Insurance company) have already determined this, which is why I am on ESA, DLA and income insurance.

But they are. I don't want people to be judged on the how much output they can produce like they're factory fodder. We're not in the 19th Century anyway - we should be moving to a society based on inclusion, and looking at what people can do.

The idea that disabled people should be paid less for being disabled is a vile idea. You might think there is nothing wrong with paying people less because they are disabled - but how would people with disabilities feel? Yes you've got a friend who's disabled who wants the chance to work - well help him get that work. But not on the basis of someone taking pity, that's demeaning. Would you want your friend to be treated like that?

The disabled shouldn't be paid less for being disabled, but everyone should be paid according to their abilities and productivity, you may not believe this but some disabled people with be more productive than their non disabled colleagues, and that extra productivity should be rewarded.

He would be happier if he was out all day picking up litter for the money he gets, he isn't interested in money he just wants a job.

So. If you needed some help with something. Say moving an item of furniture and you phone "man-with-a-van" he turns up and says he's got man-flu and he can't do the lifting, but he'd like paying anyway. Would you stump up the £120 he was demanding?

I'd hope he had the common sense to ring me before hand and rearrange. But we're talking about people with disabilities and not 'man flu', as well you know.

And what about if someone had a bad cold, or an infection, or were heavily pregnant, or grieving and couldn't manage to do as much as they normally do?

I'd hope he had the common sense to ring me before hand and rearrange. But we're talking about people with disabilities and not 'man flu', as well you know.

You brought up a bad cold. I call it man flu.

Multiple assessments (ESA, DLA, Incapacity Benefit, medicals for my employers, medicals for my Permanent Health Insurance company) have already determined this, which is why I am on ESA, DLA and income insurance.

I'm not families with their criteria for determining someone's ability to work, would they deem someone incapable of working if they were able to use a computer in their own home?