How would a right wing person help the poor/needy?

To ask this question - 'How would a right wing person help the poor/needy?'

You dont think the idea of this thread is to actually answer the question do you?

It's an exercise in the Nasty section of the Left feeling good about themselves by indulging in a spot of right wing Tory bashing. That's all.

You said:

I'm sure he doesn't see himself as a disabled. I quoted him as saying that he has a learning disability. He didn't say that he saw his dyslexia as an ability. You said that.

And lots of people have a positive mental attitude to life, as well as the disabled.

Virgin Group founder Sir Richard Branson added: “Having a learning disability should never hold you back.

“Dyslexia didn’t stop me building one of this country’s best loved brands. It isn’t a person’s disability that matters in business. It’s their ability.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/6148947/all-brits-businesses-should-take-on-disabled-person.html

He said "having a disability should never hold you back" that not the same as saying "I have a learning disability."

He went on to say.

“Dyslexia didn’t stop me building one of this country’s best loved brands. It isn’t a person’s disability that matters in business. It’s their ability.”

Thats him saying his Dyslexia was an ability not a disability.

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 07:01 ----------

They don't work from home just by using a computer. They are also able to plan their shifts, stick to a timetable, communicate freely with employers and a whole load of other things AND use a computer. They also, quite probably, had to attend somewhere for at least two interviews to get the job, attend somewhere for training for that job (both at appointed hours and days as dictated by the employer) and then also attend for seasonal or ongoing training sessions at the workplace too.

While they were present for training, they would be using computers which are probably not set up for their own needs and learn programs which may or may not be suitable for use with their own accessibility kit.

Sorry but many just use the computer and they use it as and when they feel like it. Many don't even stay in one place because their computer sets them free, they can use it anywhere in the world to make money.

You dont think the idea of this thread is to actually answer the question do you?

It's an exercise in the Nasty section of the Left feeling good about themselves by indulging in a spot of right wing Tory bashing. That's all.

Except for the fact that most people, myself included, are clear that no political ideology has the monopoly on compassion. But then I didn't start the thread....

He said "having a disability should never hold you back" that not the same as saying "I have a learning disability."

He went on to say.

Thats him saying his Dyslexia was an ability not a disability.

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 07:01 ----------

Sorry but many just use the computer and they use it as and when they feel like it. Many don't even stay in one place because their computer sets them free, they can use it anywhere in the world to make money.

I'm not going to enter into a debate on semantics (which is merely an exercise in you backtracking, because you don't like to be wrong). But it reads that that Branson acknowledges that although he has a learning difficulty, he doesn't want to be defined by it, and it is not the sum of his person.

Except for the fact that most people, myself included, are clear that no political ideology has the monopoly on compassion. But then I didn't start the thread....

I'm not going to enter into a debate on semantics (which is merely an exercise in you backtracking, because you don't like to be wrong). But it reads that that Branson acknowledges that although he has a learning difficulty, he doesn't want to be defined by it, and it is not the sum of his person.

You are the one that is wrong and your post proves it.

Dyslexia is an ability not a disability according to Richard Brandon and I agree with him, he wouldn't have achieved what he achieved if he is mind had been constrained by the lack of dyslexia. Its your disability that prevents you from seeing this, only the people that lack this ability call it a disability.

You are the one that is wrong and your post proves it.

Dyslexia is an ability not a disability according to Richard Brandon and I agree with him, he wouldn't have achieved what he achieved if he is mind had been constrained by the lack of dyslexia. Its your disability that prevents you from seeing this, only the people that lack this ability call it a disability.

How have I got a disability?

I am aware that some see dyslexia as a gift, but that wasn't Branson's point, and you know it.

But not having dyslexia isn't a disability. And it wasn't what Branson was saying in the article.

It is because it is leaving you unable to understand what Richard and I are saying, if you had our abilities you would understand us.

Multiple assessments (ESA, DLA, Incapacity Benefit, medicals for my employers, medicals for my Permanent Health Insurance company) have already determined this, which is why I am on ESA, DLA and income insurance.

My argument is; all this (expensive) medical input has gone into finding out if you're fit enough to work, (you're not,) yet I'm willing to bet not a fraction of this time, effort and medical expertise has gone into helping with your condition, which is what the NHS is supposed to be for.

And I might be wrong, but doesn't this have to be repeated every two years and you have to start proving yourself all over again?

The NHS is supposed to spend its scarce resources helping people's health, not hounding them and making them worse.