Tata Steel to sell UK all assets

its also bizzare that those same employees pay more taxes than the likes of facebook etc don't you think :hihi::hihi:

I don't think the use of a load of smileys can get round the irrelevance of your post. :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::huh::huh:

Guest sibon
I don't think the use of a load of smileys can get round the irrelevance of your post. :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::huh::huh:

There is nothing irrelevant about getting multinationals to pay their dues.

If Facebook, Google, Apple, Boots, Vodaphone et al paid their fair share, then we would have a lot more choices about how to construct a fair economy.

Not a smiley in sight :(

There is nothing irrelevant about getting multinationals to pay their dues.

If Facebook, Google, Apple, Boots, Vodaphone et al paid their fair share, then we would have a lot more choices about how to construct a fair economy.

Not a smiley in sight :(

Oh not this old chestnut again.

They DO pay their dues. They pay what the HM Revenue & Customs tell them they are legally obliged to pay.

Remind me again what LAW is compelling them to voluntary pay a single penny over and above that.

If you have some concrete evidence that they are undertaking illegal activity and can categorically prove they are engaging in tax EVASION then you had better contact the Police.

Guest sibon
Oh not this old chestnut again.

They DO pay their dues. They pay what the HM Revenue & Customs tell them they are legally obliged to pay.

Remind me again what LAW is compelling them to voluntary pay a single penny over and above that.

If you have some concrete evidence that they are undertaking illegal activity and can categorically prove they are engaging in tax EVASION then you had better contact the Police.

You appear to have a reading issue. You are also part of the problem, like anyone else who defends the immoral practices of these companies

I said "fair share". I made no reference to poorly framed tax law. I was simply pointing out that their smart arsed tax avoidance impacts upon the rest of us.

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 23:44 ----------

Apart from that one..

Well spotted.

I'd begun to think that your myopia was more advanced.

Yes it is rather bizzare isn't it. Expecting folk who work at McDonalds who earn less than £7.00/hour whilst making something folk want, having to fork out to subsidise folk on £14.00/hour to make something we don't want.

But of course there are workers in China who are well paid by Chinese standards on about £2/hour, who produce steel the world will buy because it is cheap. They are using thousands of tons of it to build the Forth Bridge.

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 23:46 ----------

You appear to have a reading issue. You are also part of the problem, like anyone else who defends the immoral practices of these companies

I said "fair share". I made no reference to poorly framed tax law. I was simply pointing out that their smart arsed tax avoidance impacts upon the rest of us.

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 23:44 ----------

Well spotted.

I'd begun to think that your myopia was more advanced.

Ah yes the insults once argument runs out. Perhaps the Chinese steel workers who earn 20% of what a UK steel worker earns deserve to make a living too. Gosh I do hope you work in the steel industry.

Edited by foxy lady

But of course there are workers in China who are well paid by Chinese standards on about £2/hour, who produce steel the world will buy because it is cheap. They are using thousands of tons of it to build the Forth Bridge.

subsidised by the Chinese gov

Guest sibon
You said ^^^^^^

My answer to your statement is they do pay their dues.

But they don't.

They pay the minimum that they can get away with, whilst often aggressively avoiding UK tax. That isn't their "dues".

Facebook paid roughly one fifth of the tax that I paid in 2014. They haven't thanked me for bankrolling them yet.

Edited by sibon