Did we settle or invade Australia?

We might have settled Australia, but our treatment of the Aborigines afterwards was disgraceful.

It wasn't our treatment off them, we didn't do anything at all to them, the people that did it were not us, we have nothing to feel guilty about, our ancestors stayed here so were not involved.

Not forgetting that we have been invaded on many occasions over out history.

The EDL would no doubt agree with you. However the more nuanced would hold both parties to account for any criminal acts.

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 19:30 ----------

I'm talking about deliberate violent deaths. The bulk of aboriginal deaths were down to disease, unfortunate but hardly deliberate.

Evidence please.

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 20:12 ----------

There were various criminal incidents on both sides and the death toll appears fairly evenly matched between whites and aboriginals. Hardly a one sided affair.

A demonstrably false statement as another poster has already shown.

I'm mystified as to why you won't accept the widely accepted and acknowledged fact that the white invaders killed thousands (some sources suggest as many as 65000 in Queensland alone) of the native population.

Personally, I think it's the Aborigines who invaded, or, rather, stole Australia.

Why? …

Until the mid nineteenth century, Australia used to be connected to the land mass that is now called Cleethorpes, when, suddenly, funfairs were invented by Billy Smart.

Out of sheer disgust, Australia severed all ties with the harbour and headed off as far south as possible to avoid the chavs, hoodlums and other general malcontents and miscreants (aka Parsonians).

Around the time it was floating past Africa happened to be the same time Atlantis was sinking nearby, and the indigenous Atlanteans (known as Aborigines in their mother tongue), not being particularly good swimmers, grabbed hold of Australia and climbed on board claiming it as their own, whereupon it continued on to it's current location.

Several attempts have been made to reclaim Australia since, most notably by Billy Smart himself in 1895, who, had it not been for a timely rescue by Captain Webb, swimming trans-globally in the same direction, would've drowned in the process.

In my opinion, it's about time the Aborigines gave Australia back to Cleethorpes.

The EDL would no doubt agree with you. However the more nuanced would hold both parties to account for any criminal acts.

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 19:30 ----------

I'm talking about deliberate violent deaths. The bulk of aboriginal deaths were down to disease, unfortunate but hardly deliberate.

I believe the main causes were Influenza and Tuberculosis.

Evidence please.

---------- Post added 30-03-2016 at 20:12 ----------

A demonstrably false statement as another poster has already shown.

I'm mystified as to why you won't accept the widely accepted and acknowledged fact that the white invaders killed thousands (some sources suggest as many as 65000 in Queensland alone) of the native population.

As there were no 'white invaders' I'm confused as to how they killed anyone? White settlers, not all of them volunteers of the best morals, did commit (further) criminal acts against the abos, the abos started it to be fair, death toll was around 3k each of a couple of centurys.

Go and read up on the subject and stop viewing everything through a prism of evil Brits stomping round the globe murdering duskys. It really wasn't like that.

No it doesn't. Whites killed by aboriginals circa 3k, aboriginals killed by whites around the same. Over hundreds of years. Not even a footnote in the footnotes of history numbers wise tbh.

Without you presenting something to support your assertion we'll to give it an appropriate level of consideration.

Without you presenting something to support your assertion we'll to give it an appropriate level of consideration.

Your proffered link shows low thousands of deliberate deaths on both sides.

Anyway as you seem a self loathing sort i'll not keep you from glaring at a statue of Rhodes or whatever you people do for fun.

As there were no 'white invaders' I'm confused as to how they killed anyone? White settlers, not all of them volunteers of the best morals, did commit (further) criminal acts against the abos, the abos started it to be fair, death toll was around 3k each of a couple of centurys.

Go and read up on the subject and stop viewing everything through a prism of evil Brits stomping round the globe murdering duskys. It really wasn't like that.

The fact that the evidence is real and plentiful that the whites killed thousands of Aboriginals and that you are still trying to pretend otherwise speaks volumes.

Your use of the term 'abos' suggests that you're ignorant and rude at best, racist at worst.

Your frankly stupid - to the point of being laughable, were it not so offensive - claim that 'the abos started it' marks you out as being a really revolting apologist for murder and racism.

The fact that the evidence is real and plentiful that the whites killed thousands of Aboriginals and that you are still trying to pretend otherwise speaks volumes.

Your use of the term 'abos' suggests that you're ignorant and rude at best, racist at worst.

Your frankly stupid - to the point of being laughable, were it not so offensive - claim that 'the abos started it' marks you out as being a really revolting apologist for murder and racism.

If a group of Polish settlers settled in Sheffield and the locals kicked off and started a battle, would you say the settlers started it for settling in Sheffield or the locals started it because they didn't like outsiders?