Did we settle or invade Australia?

The bickering and name calling has been removed. The topic is australia not islam, not an excuse for islam so please stay on topic and without calling each other names then I won't have to spend valuable time suspending your accounts.

So it would be okay if I go and settle part of Texas then. Basically you're saying you can steal the land from whoever lives on it, if you first define it as "not overpopulated"... Very moral.

You appear to think its OK for foreigners to settle the UK.

Even if that were remotely true, you're saying that it's okay to steal something if you don't use force...

You can only steal something that is owned by someone else, I live in the UK does that mean I own it.

---------- Post added 31-03-2016 at 13:37 ----------

Nobody has said that anyone in the UK is responsible for the history. Just acknowledging what happens doesn't somehow make the people in the UK today (or even Australia today) responsible for it.

Yes they did when they claimed we took Australia by force and killed the indigenous population, we didn't, it had zero to do with anyone alive today.

And you don't? Newflash - it is Ok, they do and they'll continue to do so.

If you can't cope, perhaps you should go somewhere else.

You can only steal something that is owned by someone else, I live in the UK does that mean I own it.

You certainly don't and you've no right to complain about foreigners coming to live here.

And you don't? Newflash - it is Ok, they do and they'll continue to do so.

If you can't cope, perhaps you should go somewhere else.

You certainly don't and you've no right to complain about foreigners coming to live here.

Then the same rules must apply to Australia, the indigenous population had no right to complain when foreigners settled there.

Defending murder. What next, rape?

The only people defending murder here are those claiming the aborigines had a right to kill whites.

I have been clear that all murders committed were wrong and whites who murdered aboriginals were quite rightly hung.

Your bigotry would have the white man held to a higher standard than the non white, the word for which is I believe racism?

You're confusing too things (deliberately I expect). Foreigners coming here to live, and historically the UK claiming ownership of an entire continent and displacing the people who already lived there.

Collectively through the state, yes, 'we' own it. Nobody else can arrive and start clearing a section of the country, using force if necessary and claiming it to be their own.

Yes they did when they claimed we took Australia by force and killed the indigenous population, we didn't, it had zero to do with anyone alive today.

We, as a state, historically speaking.

You must be very difficult to talk to if you think "we" actually means you.

You're confusing too things (deliberately I expect). Foreigners coming here to live, and historically the UK claiming ownership of an entire continent and displacing the people who already lived there.

People have settled and claimed ownership of the land since the day we are claimed to have left Africa.

Collectively through the state, yes, 'we' own it. Nobody else can arrive and start clearing a section of the country, using force if necessary and claiming it to be their own.

We own it now because our ancestors settled it and fought to keep it, much the same as Australia and every other country on earth.