Vegetarian cuisine??

jimbobjoe

Kumquat Mae - veggie resturant on abbeydale rd.

Mao and East One are good for oriental food.

Both Cha Cha's and Jumbo buffet have a good veggie choice.

Jabu on London Rd is excellent.

Las Iguanas have a selection of veggie tapas.

I'm sure I'll think of more

I always think 543 has good choices for veggies and I usually like what the Wig and pen offer and if i don't they always have tapas. Kumquat mae is ok but my mate put me off by saying it wasn't very clean last time she went.

My mate went to the Lebanese restaurant on South Road the other day and said that the majority of the starters there were veggie and she was raving about it loads.

I know its a pub, but the Fat Cat wasn't the Vegetarian Pub of the Year 2004 for nothing ... cheap, tasty and truly great beer or cider. Simple. Oh, and a free function room, and the room where most people eat is a no smoking area.

Superb. In the same area the Kelham Island Tavern is good too. I find you need a mix or the carnivores won't come along .... if you're/you're both/you're all veggie that ain't a problem though!

Happy eating!

If you like chinese try Kung Po, bottom of London road behind waitrose. Its not posh or anything but they have a seperate veggie menue and its got some tasty options. I'm vegan and they accomodated me no probs. :)

Archived