How many British companies can you name?

Bayliss & Harding

B&Q

Toni & Guy

Marks & Spencer

BBC

ITV

Channel 4

Channel 5

Gregg's The Bakers

Coopland's Bakery

Staniforth's Bakery

First Group

Stagecoach Group

Boot's

Specsavers

Morrison's

Waitrose

Oreo

Fujitsu

Clarke & Parnters

To name a few ;)

I was thinking more about manufacturing companies.

I was thinking more about manufacturing companies.

"manufacturing" what? The list is endless.

Come on give us a clue.

Let me try and speed this up for you because its getting painful.

Are you basically desprately trying to find some point to prove that all British manufacturing is dead. We are all owned by foreigners. We produce nothing anymore. We are all just monkeys at typewriters working in low paid service jobs. There is no future for British industry. We as a society are all doomed by the hideous behemoth called Globalisation.

Am I on the right track here?

we did but you know the score about thatcher:hihi:

She took one look at the nationalised british car makers that produced outdated rusty unreliable junk heaps, with square steering wheels that you couldnt buy because the stupid beggers were always on strike, and got rid of them you mean?

The only thing that sunk British cars were the intransigence of the workers - and who was running the country btw when Rover gurgled it's last?

The Germans? You do understand these are both listed businesses whose ownership is hugely diverse and multinational yes?

Using your argument we never know who owns what and it doesn't matter anyway.

Last time I looked US shareholders owned 30% of DB. One thing I am reasonably sure of is that we own neither DB or the London Stock Exchange any more.

Would you like to comment on all the European manufacturers now owned by German manufacturers?

Are you basically desprately trying to find some point to prove that all British manufacturing is dead. We are all owned by foreigners. We produce nothing anymore. We are all just monkeys at typewriters working in low paid service jobs. There is no future for British industry. We as a society are all doomed by the hideous behemoth called Globalisation.

Am I on the right track here?

We have a massive trade gap, bad for the economy, but does it make any difference to the average Joe?

Using your argument we never know who owns what and it doesn't matter anyway.

Last time I looked US shareholders owned 30% of DB. One thing I am reasonably sure of is that we own neither DB or the London Stock Exchange any more.

Would you like to comment on all the European manufacturers now owned by German manufacturers?

We don't know who owns what. I know what I own, i know major institutional investors in companies I have long term holdings. But as they are mainly hedge or pension funds do I really know the average nationality of the main beneficial holders? Nope. Does that matter? Nope.

If the only thing you can think of when you mention Rolls-Royce is motor cars and BMW well that is sad.

Rolls-Royce Holdings as in the premier aerospace engine manufacturer and also maker of the nuclear plants for the country's submarines is most definitely British. So British in fact, that the government holds a "golden share".