Bridge inn ford ridgeway..disappointing service

boz 5722

After visiting the Bridge Inn at Ford, Ridgeway for many years I can only say how disappointed I am in the current landlord/landlady !!

After a lovely walk with my grandchildren through the woods we had a drink and food, then unexpectedly my youngest grandson was taken ill...no mobile connection and a phone box that does not take coins so i went in to the pub and asked if there was a pay phone i could use to get a taxi as we were stranded ..only to be told to go and stand in the car park and wander around until i got a signal !!

would it have hurt to have taken the money for a call or called a taxi for me !!

if the reception is so bad, which i know it is as it has been for years, why isn't a public phone available as it used to be years ago ??

just a little more compassion from the tenants would have been nice !!

instead i had to mess about using my debit card to phone my husband to phone a taxi for us...and before you say it...yes i know there is no reception but didn't expect my grandson to be taken ill ..we were going to walk back home !!