Eleven million tax avoiding documents..

I disagree. The fault lies with the people who are twisting the letter of the law and certainly the spirit of the law and its intentions, in order to avoid/evade tax.

HMRC are running to stand still. The number of inspectors and investigators has been cut, and the costs of bringing these people to court are prohibitive - especially trying to collar the mega-millionaires with endless supplies of cash to employ the best lawyers to fight it. The lawyers run rings round them.

As for the government, they are 'all in it together.'

Except for Cameron who has actively tried to clamp down on "agressive tax avoidance". I think he has been instrumental in the banning of Bearer Shares.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:wake up ron his dad was at it for years

If this is true, then he is very brave for highlighting and clamping down on it.

Is he responsible for his father's actions?

Is my daughter responsible for mine?

You have proof of that?

No I didnt think so. Get back in your box.

wait while the morning the news will be full of it :hihi:

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 22:41 ----------

If this is true, then he is very brave for highlighting and clamping down on it.

no but you can bet that he has been doing something similar through what his father taught him :roll:

wait while the morning the news will be full of it :hihi:

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 22:41 ----------

no but you can bet that he has been doing something similar through what his father taught him :roll:

This really is truly bizarre: blaming him for his father's actions.

I disagree. The fault lies with the people who are twisting the letter of the law and certainly the spirit of the law and its intentions, in order to avoid/evade tax.

HMRC are running to stand still. The number of inspectors and investigators has been cut, and the costs of bringing these people to court are prohibitive - especially trying to collar the mega-millionaires with endless supplies of cash to employ the best lawyers to fight it. The lawyers run rings round them.

As for the government, they are 'all in it together.'

You're in a good mood as usual :D

-

Anna, since we have (and for a long time) had a public long list of tax-avoiding companies, and people, then why not spend your time encouraging the public not to use these companies instead of this constant boring anti-tory rhetoric?

If everyone stops using Google as of tomorrow,

If everyone on Vodaphone doesn't update their contract,

If no one goes into Coffee.com tomorrow,

What do you think would happen? People would use something else. Perhaps local/more ethical options? :shocked: The horror! :gag:

We (as individuals) could do more to change things than anything Corbyn/Cameron/that welsh woman etc. could all do.

Do you know why they don't? Have you not worked it out yet?

-

If people start paying more, and buying British,

If everyone bought decent [more expensive] British made clothes,

If everyone bought more expensive coal (or British produced energy)

If everyone bought a car made in Britain,

blah blah

-

If you still haven't it out, MOST people just want cheap things*.

(*regardless of income/wealth and this is the bit you never seem to get)

You're in a good mood as usual :D

-

Anna, since we have (and for a long time) had a public long list of tax-avoiding companies, and people, then why not spend your time encouraging the public not to use these companies instead of this constant boring anti-tory rhetoric?

{/QUOTE]

Raising awareness is the first step surely, which is what I'm trying to do.

Let's face it, a lot of this would never have been in the public domain if it hadn't been for groups like Occupy and Anonymous, (both roundly and consistently vilified on SF) and whistleblowing groups like Wikileaks. And still many people still don't grasp it.

This really isn't about Tory / Labour. There wasn't much to chose between them, which has led to the rise of people like Jeremy Corbyn and Donald Trump.

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 23:12 ----------

He might not be responsible for his father's actions, but he's certainly benefited from the fruits of it.

Edited by Anna B

What are you raising awareness of?

The only thing I see in your posts is anti-tory, which then you disguise when pulled up on it.

-

I think you just think like these other ones on here. I admit, I don't get your way of thinking.

When I see people (in my experience) moaning at these companies, but with this knowledge are moaning whilst on their Vodaphone playing facebook, I just can't help but tend to find these people in general quite confusing. You are in the same category. You see 'state' going wrong. I see 'stupid' people.

Let's face it, a lot of this would never have been in the public domain if it hadn't been for groups like Occupy and Anonymous, (both roundly and consistently vilified on SF) and whistleblowing groups like Wikileaks. And still many people still don't grasp it.

This really isn't about Tory / Labour. There wasn't much to chose between them, which has led to the rise of Jeremy Corbyn and Donald Trump.

He might not be responsible for his father's actions, but he's certainly benefited from the fruits of it.

see above