Eleven million tax avoiding documents..

Remember, it is essential to bear in mind the basic facts of the tax avoidance scandal and not to allow yourself to be distracted by the endless technical arguments that the wealthy offer in order to keep ordinary people from seeing how they cheat the system.

'A huge leak of documents has lifted the lid on how the rich and powerful use tax havens to hide their wealth. The files were leaked from one of the world's most secretive companies, a Panamanian law firm called Mossack Fonseca.' (BBC News)

Some of the main allegations centre on the creation of shell companies, that are carefully presented to seem like legitimate businesses, but are just empty paper creations - they do not actually exist, they are basically lies. They do nothing but manage money, while hiding who owns it. And this costs countries like the U.K. billions in lost revenue every year. Panama is a 'secrecy jurisdiction' a small state that structures its laws for the convenience of big corporations and wealthy individuals so that they can cheat the system. Ask yourself - why would honest people wish to hide their dealings?

The Conservative government tells us that we need ever more cuts to balance the country's books, and that means less and less money for hospitals, schools and social care for elderly and disabled citizens, along with job losses for public sector workers. All this whilst the wealthy get even richer and the treasury does nothing substantial to structure an effective tax system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-35954224

Remember, it is essential to bear in mind the basic facts of the tax avoidance scandal and not to allow yourself to be distracted by the endless technical arguments that the wealthy offer in order to keep ordinary people from seeing how they cheat the system.

'A huge leak of documents has lifted the lid on how the rich and powerful use tax havens to hide their wealth. The files were leaked from one of the world's most secretive companies, a Panamanian law firm called Mossack Fonseca.' (BBC News)

Some of the main allegations centre on the creation of shell companies, that are carefully presented to seem like legitimate businesses, but are just empty paper creations - they do not actually exist, they are basically lies. They do nothing but manage money, while hiding who owns it. And this costs countries like the U.K. billions in lost revenue every year. Panama is a 'secrecy jurisdiction' a small state that structures its laws for the convenience of big corporations and wealthy individuals so that they can cheat the system. Ask yourself - why would honest people wish to hide their dealings?

The Conservative government tells us that we need ever more cuts to balance the country's books, and that means less and less money for hospitals, schools and social care for elderly and disabled citizens, along with job losses for public sector workers. All this whilst the wealthy get even richer and the treasury does nothing substantial to structure an effective tax system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-35954224

HMRC are far more active than they ever were under Labour. They have less staff, make more use of technology and have directed their officers against fraud. Just as they should do.This as a result of the directives from HMG.

HMRC are far more active than they ever were under Labour. They have less staff, make more use of technology and have directed their officers against fraud. Just as they should do.This as a result of the directives from HMG.

I disagree - I watched a show on channel 4 (how the rich don't pay tax or something) and an HMRC representative looked at a select committee with a straight face and said they were looking at 12 major investigations. What they didn't divulge (and it came out later) that these 12 were taxi drivers and the like not big corporates. Google et al are coming forward purely for PR purposes rather than HMRC getting them to come to heal.

Whereas you comments say you shouldn't be trusted with any financial instrument more complicated than a promissory note.

Now if you've nothing to add, run along, mummy is waiting for you.

Thats not a possibility :rolleyes:.

Do you always talk down to people in real life? or is it just on the forum?

I better run along now,because the big mister told me too eh?

Cameron was also asked:

" Can you clarify that you and your family have not received a benefit from Blairmore Holdings fund?"

The reply did not answer this question.

Yes it certainly is interesting to know where Blair gets his money, I don't think anything much is hidden there anymore though. What I have seen in the public domain about this.does not paint a good picture of Blair.

UK Uncut conducted itself with this peaceful etiquette throughout the three-hour occupation of Fortnum & Mason, a shop they said they had chosen because a related company allegedly avoided £40m in taxes.

"Name of donor: Fortnum and Mason plc" Cameron was given a golf membership.

Was that a gift with no strings, like everyone gives gifts, just because they feel like it.

Thats not a possibility :rolleyes:.

Do you always talk down to people in real life? or is it just on the forum?

I better run along now,because the big mister told me too eh?

he works in the boy scouts so yes he likes talking down to people :hihi:

UK Uncut conducted itself with this peaceful etiquette throughout the three-hour occupation of Fortnum & Mason, a shop they said they had chosen because a related company allegedly avoided £40m in taxes.

"Name of donor: Fortnum and Mason plc" Cameron was given a golf membership.

Was that a gift with no strings, like everyone gives gifts, just because they feel like it.

Possibly because he shops there a good deal and high end stores like that do tend to give out freebies to retain customers, especially if they are going to be buying sufficient food to have the odd banquet at Chequers or whatever. Does that count as strings attached?

---------- Post added 05-04-2016 at 17:44 ----------

he works in the boy scouts so yes he likes talking down to people :hihi:

Well you are someone else who gets talked down to a lot so I suspect you'd know.

You clearly have no idea about the Scouts though.

Possibly because he shops there a good deal and high end stores like that do tend to give out freebies to retain customers, especially if they are going to be buying sufficient food to have the odd banquet at Chequers or whatever. Does that count as strings attached?

I think that they are too bright to give gifts and ask for favours, but I believe gifts should be banned.

I know a council worker ""You must avoid any reasonable suspicion of

committing bribery and/or any corrupt activities or practices.""

I think that they are too bright to give gifts and ask for favours, but I believe gifts should be banned.

What about Corbyn and all those loans of 50 grand a time from unions for his leadership bid that were subsequently written off when he won? Are they not gifts?

What about Corbyn and all those loans of 50 grand a time from unions for his leadership bid that were subsequently written off when he won? Are they not gifts?

Perhaps he should be suspended as an MP because he can't pay his debts :hihi: