Eleven million tax avoiding documents..

In your rabid desire to point the finger you have clearly missed one fundamental cornerstone of UK tax law. A person can leave their estate or any part of it to their surviving spouse tax free.

You do know that Ian Cameron's wife is still alive don't you? So although Iam Cameron could quite easily have left everything except around £325,000 to his wife and paid not a penny in inheritance tax, he chose to leave properties to his children and pay £1 million to the state for the privilige.

That's the second time you've pointed it out. I've also mentioned it. Someones not listening are they....

I believe it was pointed out earlier in the thread.

And yet you didn't take any notice of the fact. :huh:

By the way. Do you know that a person can leave their entire estate to a surviving spouse and the tax man says there is no inheritance tax to pay. It isn't a fiddle. It's the system. Ian Cameron's wife Fleur is still alive you know and therefore would not be required to pay inheritance tax on her husband's will. .

---------- Post added 07-04-2016 at 16:48 ----------

That's the second time you've pointed it out. I've also mentioned it. Someones not listening are they....

Perhaps we should use a bigger type face. :)

Edited by foxy lady

I totally agree and by comparison the Royal Family do not pay death duties. Why should the government get 40% of my estate after I have already paid tax on it!

Although many try to avoid taxes, I believe death duty should be a good one to tax higher, because inheriting large funds makes a meritocracy less likely, and children need a goal in life.

Although many try to avoid taxes, I believe death duty should be a good one to tax higher, because inheriting large funds makes a meritocracy less likely, and children need a goal in life.

Translation - you might make money and we can't get at you but we know where your kids live and we will make sure that they are paying for your success.

Translation - you might make money and we can't get at you but we know where your kids live and we will make sure that they are paying for your success.

So which taxes do you believe are fairer, a tax on jobs, taxing goods, or companies that make goods?

So which taxes do you believe are fairer, a tax on jobs, taxing goods, or companies that make goods?

So in your little world how much inheritance tax would an Indian gentleman pay if he bought the Port Talbot steel plant and left it in his will to his son?

So in your little world how much inheritance tax would an Indian gentleman pay if he bought the Port Talbot steel plant and left it in his will to his son?

If the Port Talbot steel plant operated in a functioning free market, it might be worth a few quid.