Eleven million tax avoiding documents..

Oh. Just insinuation then. That's fine. Keep throwing mud.

---------- Post added 07-04-2016 at 19:37 ----------

So he's invested in an offshore fund then? Is that what you're saying?

It's not what I'm saying. It's what he just said.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/2016/apr/07/david-cameron-admits-he-profited-fathers-offshore-fund-panama-papers

Cameron admits he did personally profit from his fathers fund, which puts rather a different slant on the matter.

not wanting to defend the slimeball. but i dont think he has admitted profiting from it, he said he had paid all the tax on it or something :huh:

The PM will do very well to survive this latest announcement. It won't be the fact the he's benefited from the offshore account that'll bring him down, it'll be the constant denials, and then this backtracking. It makes him look dishonest and dodgey and someone who'll only confess when they're backed into a corner.

Oh. Just insinuation then. That's fine. Keep throwing mud.

---------- Post added 07-04-2016 at 19:37 ----------

So he's invested in an offshore fund then? Is that what you're saying?

Not insinuation ... Opinion

It's taken him 4 days to answer a simple question.

The PM will do very well to survive this latest announcement. It won't be the fact the he's benefited from the offshore account that'll bring him down, it'll be the constant denials, and then this backtracking. It makes him look dishonest and dodgey and someone who'll only confess when they're backed into a corner.

thats because he is :thumbsup:

not wanting to defend the slimeball. but i dont think he has admitted profiting from it, he said he had paid all the tax on it or something :huh:

He paid his personal UK tax on the dividends on the profits. The reason the dividends were high is because the company was squirreled away in a tax haven and paid no UK tax at all in 30 years.

He paid his personal UK tax on the dividends on the profits. The reason the dividends were high is because the company was squirreled away in a tax haven and paid no UK tax at all in 30 years.

it didn't have to. It was in a foreign country, with a low attractive tax rate. Until funds were repatriated to UK: then the tax that was due was paid. Apparently.

If the Port Talbot steel plant operated in a functioning free market, it might be worth a few quid.

Oh right. If I were an Indian businessman I'd say ta ta to Port Talbot and stick my cash in investments in India, or Canada or Australia. You can make steel there and when the time comes you can pass on your business to your son without paying inheritance tax. Why would anyone be stupid enough to buy the Port Talbot plant so that they can pass on their money to the taxman?

it didn't have to. It was in a foreign country, with a low attractive tax rate. Until funds were repatriated to UK: then the tax that was due was paid. Apparently.

It was in the UK selling its services in the UK. Those services seem to include tax dodging as an aside. It was registered in a tax haven to dodge tax. That is rather against everything CMD has said on the matter as PM.

There's also more than a faint whiff of hypocrisy surrounding the nature of the Guardian's reporting.

The Guardian seem to be rather quiet about the Guardian Media Group’s use of a tax-exempt shell company in the Cayman Islands to avoid paying corporation tax when it sold its 50 per cent holding in Auto Trader. There's also no mention of the hundreds of millions GMG has invested in offshore hedge funds over the years.