Are you really a Libertarian?

Cannabis arrests are down 46% since 2010, so I geuss they are legalising it, by the back door.

So the harmful effects of unmeasured drugs are there along with the drug barons' profits. Lose lose. At least youngsters aren't being criminalised as often

So the harmful effects of unmeasured drugs are there along with the drug barons' profits. Lose lose. At least youngsters aren't being criminalised as often

They are trying to make legal stuff illegal; very tricky. I guess it will take a brave man to make cannabis legal, I mostly agree with people having the freedom to choose.

Blanket ban on 'legal highs' is 'fanciful and fraught with difficulties', claims former Justice Secretary

https://www.holyrood.com/articles/news/blanket-ban-legal-highs-fanciful-and-fraught-difficulties-claims-former-justice

They are trying to make legal stuff illegal; very tricky. I guess it will take a brave man to make cannabis legal, I mostly agree with people having the freedom to choose.

Blanket ban on 'legal highs' is 'fanciful and fraught with difficulties', claims former Justice Secretary

https://www.holyrood.com/articles/news/blanket-ban-legal-highs-fanciful-and-fraught-difficulties-claims-former-justice

It's plain idiotic - putting it in the hands of criminals instead of legitimate accountable companies.

But... the Daily Mail says you've got to do something...:loopy:

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 20:44 ----------

Its the same issue if you want to 'sell' your body, nothing to do with the state. But it is morally wrong to allow exploitation of peoples bodies, either for sex or health reasons.

I have no problem with people selling their body. A lawyer, in effect, sells his mind. A labourer sells his strength.

It just needs to be safe.

I don't get the "moral" argument... whose morals? Yours, mine or the Vicar's??

I have no problem with people selling their body. A lawyer, in effect, sells his mind. A labourer sells his strength.

It just needs to be safe.

I don't get the "moral" argument... whose morals? Yours, mine or the Vicar's??

If we were happy with our children doing it, then it would be ok. I think that we do live in a country were we are rich enough not to need to sell your body for money.

I am happy to give my blood, for free. I would not want my family selling their body parts or sexual favours.

If we were happy with our children doing it, then it would be ok. I think that we do live in a country were we are rich enough not to need to sell your body for money.

I am happy to give my blood, for free. I would not want my family selling their body parts or sexual favours.

There are plenty of people who don't feel they are rich enough. And they are happy to sell their bodies. Hopefully, they don't need to, they aren't forced into it.

There are plenty of people who don't feel they are rich enough. And they are happy to sell their bodies. Hopefully, they don't need to, they aren't forced into it.

I dont know anyone who sells their body, or smokes cannabis, so I dont know if your statement is correct.

I dont know anyone who sells their body, or smokes cannabis, so I dont know if your statement is correct.

I used to kill people for a living and to facilitate same go to lots of sandy places where they were gagging to use my head as a range target. If you think tugging off middle aged saddos is in the top ten slightly unorthodox professions you need more life experience.

I know two lap dancers. They do what they do. I don't judge. I don't visit them. I know plenty of people who smoke cannabis. I don't. It makes you stupid.

If I'm pushed to pigeon hole myself suppose I'm quite socially liberal, but definitely not Libertarian....

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 23:49 ----------

There has to be a limit.

At some point the state intruding for our own good is too much for anybody.

The question is where to draw the line.

A couple of extreme examples:

An outright ban on refined sugar

A requirement to travel/drive at no more than 5 mph

---------- Post added 04-04-2016 at 18:18 ----------

I can't agree with this.

How is an extreme Friedman-esque economic model authoritarian?

Or does "right" mean something else in this context?

Augusto Pinochet definitely fits into this category - Chile was the laboratory rat for monetarist economics in the early 1970s.