I'm interested in finding other Shotokan karate clubs in Sheffield

...finding other Shotokan karate clubs in Sheffield .....

Not particularly to train there ..... just interested in their where abouts .....

I know of our club ..... All Saints ....

And the club I train with on a Monday .... Steel City (good luck Adam and Suzi) .....

There's also a club at the Hillsborough sports arena .....

Any others?????

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'd be interested in the above as well, having just moved to Hillsb from the other end of the city. I've trained Shotokan before and need to find somewere local to train, unfortunatly I cant do Mondays though. Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

Dan

Hi all,

I'd be interested in the above as well, having just moved to Hillsb from the other end of the city. I've trained Shotokan before and need to find somewere local to train, unfortunatly I cant do Mondays though. Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved.

Dan

Eh up dan__ ....

You have a couple of options for Shotokan elsewhere in Sheff ....

We train at All Saints Catholic school on a Wednesday 6:30 - 8 (ish) .... we are with the ESA after having a long history with the KUGB.

We are a small club at the moment ... most of whom are black belts but would like to start growing again .... (what grade did you get to?)

The Steel City club (which I train with on a Monday and can recommend) also train on a Wed at Wisewood Methodist Church ..... 7 - 8:30 (I think) .... they are with UKASKO and Kev & Adam are provide crackin sessions. Find AdamS on here for more details.

There used to be a JKA-E club at Ponds Forge but that seems to have disappeared .....

Other than that, there are a few small clubs - there are 2 in Walkley but I don't know much about them.

Sheffield ..... as I've found out, isn't big on Shotokan ..... it's mainly Shukokia or Goju .....

Thanks for the info.

There doesnt seem to be that much Shotokan in Sheffield, which is a shame.

I trained in a class and reached yellow belt. I did after that train in a class after that for a few years with mostly black belts from first to about 5th dan, and a couple of brown belts, it was more a group of friends training than a proper class, so there was no grading done there. I havnt trained for about three years so just wanting to start again and being in a new ish area seemed the perfect opportunity if there was any local classes.

Dan

Can you remember which organisation you were with?

Sounds like Steel City might be the one for you ..... just round the corner .... only problem is you would miss the Monday night class ......

http://www.steelcityshotokan.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=80582866c3b16bbb8bcf465268b30c96

There's also : http://www.karateinternational.co.uk/providence_shotokan_karate_club.htm

and clubs at Walkley Community Centre, Concord Leisure centre and Springs Leisure centre.

I cant remember the organisation I was with, I may have an old licence somewere, (although only moved a couple of months ago so i still have things packed away, it could be anywere).

Steel city on a wednesday sounds good, I may go up this week if you think that would be ok?

Do you have any details about the one at Walkley community centre, as I really want to train more than once a week, and being unable to make Mondays is a problem.

Hi, Shoto. I train with Anna (I think her second name is Milosovic) in my traditional JJ club (she is doing her black belt in Kobudo). She is a 5th dan Shotokan and trains under Mr Asano (who is in Nottingham) don't know what the organisation is? I know she has a Shotokan karate club in Hillsborough leisure centre on a Monday night. Cheers

Hi, Shoto. I train with Anna (I think her second name is Milosovic) in my traditional JJ club (she is doing her black belt in Kobudo). She is a 5th dan Shotokan and trains under Mr Asano (who is in Nottingham) don't know what the organisation is? I know she has a Shotokan karate club in Hillsborough leisure centre on a Monday night. Cheers

Cheers themadrev ..... I know about that club, but they only train on a Mon so it wasn't right for dan ....

Thanks for help guys, I do really appreciate it. My previous training was under people trained to black belt by Mr Asano as well, then at the Central Dojo in sheffield. I think I will be trying to get up to Steel City on Wednesday, there is a possability I could do some Mondays but not as many I would want to, not to call it regular anyway.