UK loses £8bn annually through its contribution to Europe-John Caudwel

Phones 4U founder John Caudwell has said there is "a lot of hysteria" spoken about Brexit and it was "rubbish" to suggest three million jobs would be lost if Britain left the EU.

Speaking to the BBC's Today programme, Mr Caudwell said Britain suffered an annual £8bn loss because of its contribution to Europe.

"It's gone from the British taxpayer. Gone for good," he added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35966589

The credibility of someone's company that was one of the biggest collapses on the high street in recent years is non existent.

A quote from a Nobel economist or a governor of a central bank would be more significant.

The credibility of someone's company that was one of the biggest collapses on the high street in recent years is non existent.

A quote from a Nobel economist or a governor of a central bank would be more significant.

"A bull market player by nature, Caudwell could see the end of the growth days looming. He sold Singlepoint to Vodafone, for £405m (then $648m). Caudwell completed the sale of the wider business on 26 September 2006, when it was revealed that the Caudwell Group had been sold for a £1.46 billion to private equity firms Providence Equity Partners and Doughty Hanson.[4]"

:hihi::hihi: Just run it by again how many billion have you made, or even millions? I`ll pass on your opinion if that`s alright with you:hihi:

Wiki is your friend:hihi:

It went bust 8 years after he sold it so that has zero bearing on his credibility other than confirming he can spot future trends.

"A bull market player by nature, Caudwell could see the end of the growth days looming. He sold Singlepoint to Vodafone, for £405m (then $648m). Caudwell completed the sale of the wider business on 26 September 2006, when it was revealed that the Caudwell Group had been sold for a £1.46 billion to private equity firms Providence Equity Partners and Doughty Hanson.[4]"

:hihi::hihi: Just run it by again how many billion have you made, or even millions? I`ll pass on your opinion if that`s alright with you:hihi:

Wiki is your friend:hihi:

You are missing the point. If you had any economic understanding then you would have understood that my last sentence was the most important part of my comment. So I'll try to educate you. You don't want the opinions of entrepreneurs when talking about the EU membership. You want the opinions of people who have a true understanding of economic governance and not people who can just make money.

Also, here is some more education for you. Wiki is not a very reliable source. You want higher standards of what can or should be determined as proof. Scientific and economic papers in well established journals is a good start.

---------- Post added 05-04-2016 at 21:49 ----------

It went bust 8 years after he sold it so that has zero bearing on his credibility other than confirming he can spot future trends.

I think it means he cannot come up with a fundamental business model that can stand the test of time.

And what future is he predicting here? Because I see very little of substance in what he is saying. But then if a tarot-card reader who had a billion in a Cayman account said the EU was great than you would take their word for it of course.

You are missing the point. If you had any economic understanding then you would have understood that my last sentence was the most important part of my comment. So I'll try to educate you. You don't want the opinions of entrepreneurs when talking about the EU membership. You want the opinions of people who have a true understanding of economic governance and not people who can just make money.

Also, here is some more education for you. Wiki is not a very reliable source. You want higher standards of what can or should be determined as proof. Scientific and economic papers in well established journals is a good start.

---------- Post added 05-04-2016 at 21:49 ----------

I think it means he cannot come up with a fundamental business model that can stand the test of time.

When is a hole stop digging :)