UK loses £8bn annually through its contribution to Europe-John Caudwel

The figure come from the EU website and my math is correct.
So your position is that the EU Commission's office in the UK (and accessorily Quik earlier) are wrong, but that your back-of-fag-packet maths based on the BBC's 2007 figures and the Europa's 2014 expenditure figures, which completely omit (i) the annual fiscal adjustments, (ii) the annual lag between the contribution and expenditure and (iii) the rebate level, are right?

Can you sense how convinced I am by your effort, here, sutty?

What does your question have to do with the point I made,
The question was to try and clarify the point you made:

That's the math that will give you the figure, its a lot less complicated than business accounts.
They're your words, I'm not inventing them or putting them in your mouth :rolleyes:

we know the amount every country pays into the EU, we know the amount that is spent in each EU country, we know the population of each country so with some very basic math we can calculate the per head contributions form each country.
if it's so simple, sutty...how come you and Quick and the EU Commission's office in the UK come to different conclusions?

You don't think there are people making 200K a year in Africa, South America or Asia.:loopy:
No, I think know that you can't read:

Much of the EU east of the Danube, most of South America, most of Africa, most of Asia (outside of the Dragons) says you're wrong.
:help:

So your position is that the EU Commission's office in the UK (and accessorily Quik earlier) are wrong, but that your back-of-fag-packet maths based on the BBC's 2007 figures and the Europa's 2014 expenditure figures, which completely omit (i) the annual fiscal adjustments, (ii) the annual lag between the contribution and expenditure and (iii) the rebate level, are right?

Can you sense how convinced I am by your effort, here, sutty?

The question was to try and clarify the point you made:

They're your words, I'm not inventing them or putting them in your mouth :rolleyes:

if it's so simple, sutty...how come you and Quick and the EU Commission's office in the UK come to different conclusions?

No, I think know that you can't read:

:help:

I don't know what they say so can't say whether they are right or wrong.

Are you disagreeing that subtracting the money the EU spend in the UK from the contributions made by the UK and then dividing it by the number of people in the UK will give us the per person contribution?

But the question had zero to do with the point I made.

Your misunderstanding, not mine.

I haven't seen their conclusion so don't know what it is.

Edited by sutty27

Are you disagreeing that subtracting the money the EU spend in the UK from the contributions made by the UK and then dividing it by the number of people in the UK will give us the per person contribution?
Put in such simplistic terms? Yes.

I haven't seen their conclusion so don't know what it is.
There's a surprisingly large amount of things you "don't know", when you get asked details and to support your opinions about them, or when you're provided with evidence that you're wrong about them :roll:

Example:

I don't know what they say so can't say whether they are right or wrong.
All provided in earlier posts with clickable links. But let me guess: you "don't know" how to click on a link :|

Not wasting any more time trying to debate with you anymore. I'll just point and laugh from now on, it's all you've shown yourself to be worth in debate.

Edited by L00b

Put in such simplistic terms? Yes.

Explain, how can subtracting the EU funds spent in the UK from the money we pay in not give us our net contribution, and how can dividing that net contribution by the population not give us the net per capita?

There's a surprisingly large amount of things you "don't know", when you get asked details and to support your opinions about them, or when you're provided with evidence that you're wrong about them :roll:

I didn't express an opinion about them so why should I know anything about them.

Example:

All provided in earlier posts with clickable links. But let me guess: you "don't know" how to click on a link :|

Not wasting any more time trying to debate with you anymore. I'll just point and laugh from now on, it's all you've shown yourself to be worth in debate.

I don't read every post or click every link on SF.

I made a statement that you think is incorrect yet so far you have failed to say why you think it is incorrect, instead you just talk in riddles.

Explain, how can subtracting the EU funds spent in the UK from the money we pay in not give us our net contribution, and how can dividing that net contribution by the population not give us the net per capita?
No.

Reasonably smart posters will know why you are wrong, that's enough for me and, as I told you, I'm not wasting any more time debating with you.

Particularly since you're still at it with the misrepresentations and disingenuous twisting:

I didn't express an opinion about them

I don't read every post or click every link on SF.

I made a statement that you think is incorrect yet so far you have failed to say why you think it is incorrect, instead you just talk in riddles.
(see clickable links and post#41)

LOL @ sutty :hihi:

No.

Reasonably smart posters will know why you are wrong, that's enough for me and, as I told you, I'm not wasting any more time debating with you.

The smart ones know that I am correct, its the thick ones that just say you are wrong and lack the ability to explain why they think so.

Particularly since you're still at it with the misrepresentations and disingenuous twisting:

I haven't twisted or misrepresented anything, I just posted a statement which you claim is wrong, but you appear to lack the ability to explain why, my opinion is that you know I am right and that is the reason you can't explain.

The smart ones know that I am correct, its the thick ones that just say you are wrong and lack the ability to explain why they think so.

I haven't twisted or misrepresented anything, I just posted a statement which you claim is wrong, but you appear to lack the ability to explain why,

(see clickable links and post#41)

my opinion is that you know I am right and that is the reason you can't explain.
wasted on me.

LOL @ sutty :hihi: