Government to spend Nine million on leaflets

The point is: If we didn't have to pay it all, we could spend it entirely for our own benefit as a nation.

So when you say that we pay lots of money for little in return, you actually are not interested in what we get in return, you just don't want to pay the money.

So when you say that we pay lots of money for little in return, you actually are not interested in what we get in return, you just don't want to pay the money.

Genuine question..can you point out where we get our money's worth?

We get the money we pay in minus £10 billion per year which is spent elsewhere.

What's the confusion?

Genuine question..can you point out where we get our money's worth?

So is that what you believe that our membership of the EU should be about? We get a good return, although nobody wants to quantify what a good return is, for our money.

I believe that the money we pay to be a member of the EU does nothing more than bring us membership of the EU, then it's up to our government to make the most of that membership. If you believe that we don't get a good deal from the EU blame our governments for not being able to negotiate what you believe a good deal to be.

---------- Post added 14-04-2016 at 13:57 ----------

We get the money we pay in minus £10 billion per year which is spent elsewhere.

What's the confusion?

So you want to quantify the benefit our membership of the EU solely on the basis of how much money the EU directly gives us back?

So is that what you believe that our membership of the EU should be about? We get a good return, although nobody wants to quantify what a good return is, for our money.

I believe that the money we pay to be a member of the EU does nothing more than bring us membership of the EU, then it's up to our government to make the most of that membership. If you believe that we don't get a good deal from the EU blame our governments for not being able to negotiate what you believe a good deal to be.

How have you measured this? (in bold)

How have you measured this? (in bold)

Ok fair enough, but to be fair to me you did mention "money's worth" in relation to me talking about a good return. So I assumed that that was what you were talking about.

So I think my point still stands.

Ok fair enough, but to be fair to me you did mention "money's worth" in relation to me talking about a good return. So I assumed that that was what you were talking about.

So I think my point still stands.

To me if I put £50 into something then I want £50's worth of stuff back...I'm not sure how anyone can show me how we manage to do this with the EU..it all seems very vague and wishy washy (on both sides I may add)...I'm still no clearer whether we're better off in or out..

To me if I put £50 into something then I want £50's worth of stuff back...I'm not sure how anyone can show me how we manage to do this with the EU..it all seems very vague and wishy washy (on both sides I may add)...I'm still no clearer whether we're better off in or out..

So how do you deal with things like insurance/assurance and memberships of clubs?

So how do you deal with things like insurance/assurance and memberships of clubs?

Insurance is easy..for example my house is covered..for a small fee of a couple of hundred quid or so the ins. co. will pay me 100's of thousands of pounds should the worst happen..worth it for peace of mind..were you thinking of any specific clubs? They are all different in what they offer....

Insurance is easy..for example my house is covered..for a small fee of a couple of hundred quid or so the ins. co. will pay me 100's of thousands of pounds should the worst happen..worth it for peace of mind..were you thinking of any specific clubs? They are all different in what they offer....

Regards - insurance/assurance until you make a claim you not getting anything back, so financially you're not getting anything back for your £50.

You talk of getting peace of mind for your £50, but isn't that something that's a lot less tangible than the criteria that your looking for our membership of the EU, hence me asking the question.

So in answer to what we get for the money we pay to be members of the EU, the answer is obviously membership of the EU. Then it's up to our government to make the most of that membership.

Ok, when I talk about clubs, I'm talking about things like golf club membership where you have to pay a fee just to be a member, and then you have to go on to pay to use the faculties of the club on top of your fee.

Edited by JFKvsNixon